Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

Default CAI Question

I know there have been lots of posts about Cold Air Intakes so bear with me. I was wondering if installing one violates the warantee on the car. also, is there a break in period? is it absolutely necessary to get those computer things that re-dyno your car and if so...what exactly do they do? does anyone have any recommendations for the best CAI i can get? i was thinking Steeda. Thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 11:34 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CAI Question

IN answer to your questions:
1) warranty--No
2)break in pd--No
3)computer reflash--Yes
4)they reprogram alotof things, a/f mix, timing, WOT fuel volume, cooling fans etc, etc.
5)Yes Steeda is fine, I went with steeda b/c they have good cust service, they can be purchased through some ford dealers. and their cai is about $100 less than C&L's.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Jrodmaster
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

IN answer to your questions:
1) warranty--No
2)break in pd--No
3)computer reflash--Yes
4)they reprogram alotof things, a/f mix, timing, WOT fuel volume, cooling fans etc, etc.
5)Yes Steeda is fine, I went with steeda b/c they have good cust service, they can be purchased through some ford dealers. and their cai is about $100 less than C&L's.
If i am say...an idiot when it comes to "programming" things, is this going to make a difference or is it easy to learn? thanks for your response, i appreciate it. Speaking of Steeda, i just recieved those Ultralite 05 rims from them, i can't wait to put them on my car.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:48 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

The programming part is pretty "idiot proof". You should be fine.

Along the same lines, I wonder if Ford is going to release a tune for the CAI they are selling on the Ford Racing site?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:52 PM
td1320
3rd Gear Member

i just recieved those Ultralite 05 rims from them, i can't wait to put them on my car.
I hate you.[:'(]
Old 05-26-2005, 07:29 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

If you go with an air intake and a program it will be the best performance mod you will buy for the money. Time and time again customers tell us how they cant believe how much faster there car is with a tune and CAI. Not only just wide open throttle, but you will notice a huge difference in part throttle response. It is a true night and day difference unlike some parts you can buy.

I run the C&L on my own car and love it. We also sell the Steeda that uses the stock inlet pipe. Our SCT programmer is as simple as it gets. It will arrive all ready to go. There are other programmers on the market also.

Old 05-26-2005, 08:54 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I ordered the C&L, too (with the Predator). Can't wait for it to get here.

BTW, MM&FF has an article this month about the C&L install + Predator. RWHP was up 22.6, plus 18.4rwtq.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:11 PM
ECR5.0
2nd Gear Member

so all of this can be installed by yourself and then download the new tune off the computer and then plug it in to your car, and there is no need for you to go on a dyno and tune it there?
Old 05-26-2005, 11:03 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ECR5.0

so all of this can be installed by yourself and then download the new tune off the computer and then plug it in to your car, and there is no need for you to go on a dyno and tune it there?
That is correct. Going to the Dyno will allow you to fine tune the A/F if need be and some other settings as well. Plus, you can get a before / after snapshot of what your hp gain / loss would be for different modfs and settings. But it is not necessary.
Old 05-26-2005, 11:24 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

I am having a CAI,SCT, installed at a dyno shop tomorrow every car is different the best way is to know what your car needs as far as air,fuel ect.is to dyno it.I am not being charged for dyno time since I bought equipment through the shop he is a authorized steeda sct dealer.

Quick Reply: CAI Question