MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   GT S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion-49/)
-   -   Problems with 2005 mustang (https://mustangforums.com/forum/gt-s197-general-discussion/48329-problems-with-2005-mustang.html)

wondercoolguy 05-18-2005 06:14 PM

Problems with 2005 mustang

With my 2005 mustang supposedly about two weeks away I wanna try and cover all my bases here. Anyone that owns one already and have had problems can you please let me/us know. If you don't have any problems then don't say anything :-P!

We all need to know so when I test drive it when it comes in I can listen for certain things and/or check certain parts on the car so. Please if you don't mind checking cause as you can tell when I actual see the car I'm going to pop the hood and check out things inside and out at the ford dealer ship. I'm not just going to think its perfect and sign over 5 years of my life.

[sm=nerd.gif]

don_w 05-18-2005 09:00 PM

RE: Problems with 2005 mustang

ORIGINAL: wondercoolguy

I'm not just going to think its perfect and sign over 5 years of my life.

Uhhhh... yes you will. [sm=Awwww.gif]

drbobvs 05-18-2005 11:26 PM

FIrst pop the hood, take the cover off the fuse box and make sure all your fuses are pushed all the way in. Mine and many others' here weren't. Some people even had things go out b/c the fuses fell too loose. Other than that just drive!

OkieNGa 05-19-2005 10:47 AM

My fuses were loose, and my positive battery connection was loose. The car ran fine, but the damn radio kept resetting on me, took me a week to find the issue, LOL. The other issues, ie fuel tank and strut bearings popping which I have should not be an issue for you as the factory has corrected these as of late March.

Spencer069 05-20-2005 10:32 AM

gas. sucks. damn iraq.
thats about it.

GGIII 05-20-2005 10:59 AM

I have had all of OkieNGA's problems. Other than that you need to be mindful of body gaps being a bit off, one of my exaust tips is longer, smaller external things like that. No real mechanical problems so far.

EDIT: Oh, and there's the fueling problem. Cars built before March 05 have issues reaching full fuel levels at the pump. Your dealer will NOT fix this OR tell you of their own accord. However, if you tell them to, they will (under warranty) replace your tank with the fix tank.

wondercoolguy 05-20-2005 01:07 PM

awesome so check the fuses and have the dealer replace the fuel tank....right

Derf00 05-20-2005 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: wondercoolguy

awesome so check the fuses and have the dealer replace the fuel tank....right
or easier yet, check the fuses and check the production date. The dealer will not replace the tank just because you tell them and it would be a waste of time if it's not one of the cars that needs it.

I've also heard of some cars missing heat shield bolts around the tranny area...? Again this might be related to production date.

wondercoolguy 05-20-2005 04:01 PM

I ordered mine in March so that means they prolly started the build in March so I would I get this crap like the gas tank and bolts fixed if the guy won't take my world for it.

Derf00 05-20-2005 05:17 PM

Do you have a serial number and actual production date yet? If not then the gas tank TSB probably won't apply to you. Your order date has nothing to do with the actual production date.