Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which C&L is better?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Skarkull
1st Gear Member

Default Which C&L is better?

I have looked at them, and the race is cheaper, made of plastic for lower temps, and comes with a larger MAF housing, but the street is made of aluminum, smaller MAF housing, and more expensive. So other than looks why should I choose the street? Which one produces better numbers, from looking at the item descriptions, and names, one would think it is the race that puts out better numbers. Does anyone have the data to back that up?

Thanks for any help
Old 09-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Skarkull
1st Gear Member

Does no one have any info on this? I checked C&L's website, they don't even offer any information on the race version. Anyone used both of these, or read dyno results from them?
Old 09-19-2008, 11:00 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Racer. More power and cooler air temps due to the plastic intake tube.

I like my carbon fiber elbow for my Steeda CAI. It looks very good and does a good job at keeping the air temps good.

BTW, the Steeda CAI is 90mm which is very close to the C&L Racer's 95mm. I don't think you could ever tell the difference performance wise between them. I'm a huge fan of this Steeda CAI. Very nice!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

For the most part you are going to get the same performance, from what I've seen, with any C&L that you get. The biggest thing that got me to choose the Racer over the Street version was the fact that many people I spoke to, including the guys at the shop that did my dyno tune, told me if I was going to do more mods, then the Racer wold be the better choice.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The C&L racer flows more CFM than the 1003 CFM street C&L.
Thats all the data I could find.
Attached Thumbnails Which C&amp;L is better?-cnlintakesystem.jpg  
Old 09-20-2008, 06:29 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
Racer. More power and cooler air temps due to the plastic intake tube.

I like my carbon fiber elbow for my Steeda CAI. It looks very good and does a good job at keeping the air temps good.

BTW, the Steeda CAI is 90mm which is very close to the C&L Racer's 95mm. I don't think you could ever tell the difference performance wise between them. I'm a huge fan of this Steeda CAI. Very nice!
the IAT differences is minimal at best due to the air flow rate. so please do not base it on that premise. IT comes down to a look and fit clearance as well as future mod plans...I had the C+L street, then bought the C+L racer...the difference in power was about 1-2 rwhp....and that may have been due to the weather being cooler with the racer tube....now with the saleen supercharger upgrade the racer tube fits better than the street intake..take it for what its worth....