Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which SuperCharger and why?

Old 10-01-2008, 02:26 PM
EndersGame

Default Which SuperCharger and why?

I have heard people mention SALEEN or Whipple.

But have not seen anyone yet mention the MagnaChargers...

Specifically I was thinking of this one:

http://www.magnacharger.com/sc-mustang.htm

Theres plenty of youtube videos on magnacharged mustangs but I do perfer this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njPi8...eature=related

It includes installation and how it sounds at the end with them doing runs.. the Magna seems to deliver 400 RWHP on the 4.6 L GT.

I have a 2008 Mustang GT Premium Convertable with now 153 miles on her. But which sc would you recomend and why if you recomend one over the Magna?

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:48 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Well for one I wouldn't get the magnacharger b/c it's strange looking.

But more importantly, it's just not as efficient as the twin screw superchargers like saleen, whipple and kenne bell. The magna is a roots style and the only roots blower I'd go with is he new Roush TVS which can make 700HP.

Most here seem to go whipple. If I were to get one (which I have no plans right now) I'd go either whipple or Roush TVS...but probably whipple. The whipple is Ford Racing branded and I like Ford Racing.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:50 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

welcome EndersGame

jmo, but if you made a poll listing every
supercharger available for purchase, you
would get a very good idea of which s/c's
are in the top 5 peoples choice.

good luck and there's nothing wrong with
the mighty magna
Old 10-01-2008, 03:44 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

I love my Saleen SC, never had any issue with it.
1 vote Saleen
Old 10-01-2008, 04:03 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

on top of my list are:
whipple
saleen
KB
procharger
paxton
vortech
hellion turbo

i like to stay w/ something that is tried and true. idk anyone w/ a magnacharger, not to say that it is not any good, i just havent heard anything about it. i like the look of the new saleen shaker system.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:06 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

You will be happy with whatever you get.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:26 PM
MadCowRacer

The thing that I've heard is they have great instructions if you are going to DIY. Now I have the KB 2.6 and put it on myself, and can't begin to say how well the instructions are assembled. There is literally a picture of every step and the kit is COMPLETE. Right down to the electrical tape.

The magnacharger just doesn't deliver the hp that the rest do for the money.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Crazy Horse S197
1st Gear Member

I have a question becuase i am a total noob with mustangs. When you guys say whipple are you talking about the ford racing supercharger. I also want to know if you can get that sc and keep your warranty. I am very interested in 400+ horsepower, but want to keep the warranty.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:42 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

yes ford racing uses the whipple brand. as far as keeping your warranty, if you have a problem it has to be directly connected to the aftermarket part for them not to warranty it.
i.e if you have an exhaust rattle with your aftermarket headers, they wont cover it.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:28 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

First off WELCOME to the forum!!!!!!
For warranty purposes get the saleen but I think they limit boost to like 5 psi or something like that (to honor the Ford factory warranty) but don't quote me on that as I have a Whipple (11 psi and warranty was voided at less than 3500 miles as a result). Which would I suggest you get? ANY TWIN SCREW but personal preference and driving style and what you are looking to accomplish now and in the future with the car and the longevity of the motor should be considered. Is the magnacharger a good S/C.... IMO no but I think if you get the new TVS (good to 700 HP) than it is no slouch but the verdict is still out on that system from what I have read.....if you want 400 RWHP and a good warranty on that S/C (which the site does give like 3 yr warranties on the S/C and you can purchase the drivetrain warranty to!) get the Magnacharger.... but if you ever want more get any other FI.....remember this is JMO! J

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which SuperCharger and why?