Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can you sray Nistorus w/o a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Bkbulldog
2nd Gear Member

This is prolly one reason this forum has lost alot of people , well ill be moving forums to. Also if i wanted to have correct grammar i could sit here and do it but then again im not writing a school paper.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

I'm sorry you feel that way. You don't have to write like you're writing a term paper, but you should at least attempt to look over what you wrote before you post. The forum has a built-in spell checker. You will learn (either through personal experience, web taunting, or through advice) that people will take you more seriously when you write in an intelligent manner rather than a cluster of misspelled words and no punctuation. I do not feel that the forum has lost many people. If you ask and are sincere you will get helpful replies. If you don't, you'll get the same response you did here.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

LOL... this went from a N20 question to a grip fest...haha Grammar does sorta count tho..

Back to the topic at hand.... I just installed the Zex wet kit and I have the 75 hp shot nozzle installed. I checked and re-checked everything to make sure its hooked up correctly. I am just running a 93 octane tune... I have a window switch, bottle heater and purge installed. I tested out the purge and it works just fine. my question is should I have it checked over by a shop before I arm the system and give it a try??? I just don't want the A/F ratios to be off or something and "boom."
Old 10-07-2008, 08:09 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

You have taken some good steps to ensure that your setup is safe with the window switch, heater, and the other whatnot. If it were me, I would take it dyno shop and have it tuned for nitrous. It's a bit pricey, but you will have peace of mind (how can you put a price on that?) and you might be able to get it to perform a lot better with the tune rather than without one. Plus, if you do happen to blow your engine you will be pissed as all hell, and you'll be out of a stang for a while.

Also, your signature is awesome Darkness. Death to MOPAR, bow ties, and rice burners! LOL!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Darkness7
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasperGT
You have taken some good steps to ensure that your setup is safe with the window switch, heater, and the other whatnot. If it were me, I would take it dyno shop and have it tuned for nitrous. It's a bit pricey, but you will have peace of mind (how can you put a price on that?) and you might be able to get it to perform a lot better with the tune rather than without one. Plus, if you do happen to blow your engine you will be pissed as all hell, and you'll be out of a stang for a while.

Also, your signature is awesome Darkness. Death to MOPAR, bow ties, and rice burners! LOL!
Haha thanks for the help and the comment. As far as the custom tune for nitrous...how would that effect how my car runs the other 98% of the time I'm not spraying? I've heard of putting differ plugs in as well, but I thought that was only for 75+ shots???
Old 10-07-2008, 09:19 PM
JasperGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Darkness7
Haha thanks for the help and the comment. As far as the custom tune for nitrous...how would that effect how my car runs the other 98% of the time I'm not spraying? I've heard of putting differ plugs in as well, but I thought that was only for 75+ shots???
I honestly do not know how the tuning works for nitrous systems. I would call a local shop and have them explain what the tuning will do both on and off the juice. A good shop will be willing to talk to you about it. If they don't, don't give them your business.

Someone with a nitrous setup/tune might be able to explain it to you as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Hasn't anyone ever heard of google spell checker, or Firefox for that matter, geez. It just makes it that much harder to read and understand, thats all were saying, no reason to cry like a baby and go away.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:08 AM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zkiller
a 187 shot?

What number nitrous and fuel jet are you running to give you that odd number?
lol sorry ZKILLER I was just been dumb, 187 is the police dode I do believe as HOMICIDE or MURDER hence the bang bang after
Old 10-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Brilliant09GT

Darkness7 colder plugs are always a good measure when running Nitrous. Its more required for the bigger shots like you said, but it doesnt hurt anything (and its safer) for lower shots as well. It sounds like you have done most everything to ensure that you dont go boom your first spray. If you havent gone with a stage colder plugs then that sounds like the only thing left for the most piece of mind.

I believe with a Nitrous tune they tune for what the ECU will do when it detects the Nitrous. Like the A/F ratio and stuff like that, that will kick in when you start spraying. I am prob wrong though. I am not currently running nitrous, I just know a dude with a 13 second Kia running Nitrous. Hes my resource lol.