Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Whipple Installation has begun!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 07:00 AM
CobraO
1st Gear Member

Default Whipple Installation has begun!

Well, I started labeling things on Saturday, but could not do much more at home, so I was only at it for about 30 minutes.

Yesterday I was able to get some done after work, I got through about 16 pages of steps, the intake has been removed, plugs are changed, etc. This is what about 2.5 hours got me. Here are some photos.

Plugs came out fine, no problem at all, but there are only 3700 miles on the car. Thanks for all the advise, it has helped out a lot and feel free to keep it coming. It is pretty intimidating digging in like this!

I've noticed a few changes from the 07 instructions to my 08 car. One is the routing of the water lines. My car has this black plastic part where all the large water lines meet up, and you can not remove one of them, it is like all or nothing. Also, the thermostat housing is on the drivers side of the motor and the instructions have it on the passenger side. It also said to remove the black bracket that routes one of the water lines, but there was no bracket on my car.

So far, no big deal, but I hope it does not get too much different. I'm finding some of the instructions lacking, but manageable so far. I'll be working more on it each day this week after work, and will post to this thread with pictures, and probably questions.

Last edited by CobraO; 10-07-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 08:42 AM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

this is gonna sound stupid, because I am a bit of a nut, but don't forget to remove the rag in the valley. I was only doing a valve job and head gasket and as I was in a bit of a hurry... I was going along and had the intake mani on and I thought 'hmmm let me lift that out for a sec and look at the stuff in the back. When I did I saw my rag there.

I was so close to leaving it (the rag was dark and oily and hard to see.)
Old 10-07-2008, 08:52 AM
CobraO
1st Gear Member

^^ Good point. Thanks. They are there soaking up the water that came out of the tubing.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:11 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looking good, CobraO
Old 10-07-2008, 01:13 PM
HoorayBeer
2nd Gear Member

good luck. i dont think i got the ***** to do this
Old 10-07-2008, 02:58 PM
nem
2nd Gear Member

are you going to relocate the IAT sensor? also how about the 10 lb pulley and a new idler ?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

update?

where are you now.....inquiring minds want to know......
Old 10-07-2008, 06:58 PM
CobraO
1st Gear Member

Default Update Photos

It is going pretty well. I guess I have an old installation manual and Whipple just sent me a new one, so maybe that one will make some more sense for my 08.

IT IS ON!!!! I'm surprised I am this far along after just 6.5 hours.

I am just following the directions. What is the IAT Sensor? I am using the 10 psi pulley.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the whipple sure looks nice in there
Old 10-07-2008, 07:23 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i see you got the thumprrr on too. IAT=intake air temp (sensor). some relocate it after the intercooler, mine is still in the intake tube. you're doing a great job. this one's on me.

Quick Reply: Whipple Installation has begun!