Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Weight reduction?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:24 PM
EndersGame

I was going to put up an emotionally laced reply but that would not serve any purpose other then detracting from the reply. But gents please know and understand that these devices are put there from safty tests and loss of lives by those that have come before you.

It is not only your life that you place at risk by doing these weight saving efforts but the lives of others, the lives of children, mothers, family of all of us.

Risking lives is not worth shaving seconds of any time sheet.

If any of you are involved in an accident that takes the life of a person or critically injures a person if during the discovery phase they find that you have modified your vehicle by compromising its safty you take the risk. But its not only you that takes that risk, it is your parents, your family, any funds or money or assests attached to you or your family if you are under the age of 18 are effected, your parents retirement, house etc...

It is not worth it.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:32 PM
GRABBER CS
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by EndersGame
I was going to put up an emotionally laced reply but that would not serve any purpose other then detracting from the reply. But gents please know and understand that these devices are put there from safty tests and loss of lives by those that have come before you.

It is not only your life that you place at risk by doing these weight saving efforts but the lives of others, the lives of children, mothers, family of all of us.

Risking lives is not worth shaving seconds of any time sheet.

If any of you are involved in an accident that takes the life of a person or critically injures a person if during the discovery phase they find that you have modified your vehicle by compromising its safty you take the risk. But its not only you that takes that risk, it is your parents, your family, any funds or money or assests attached to you or your family if you are under the age of 18 are effected, your parents retirement, house etc...

It is not worth it.
Talk about going off of subject and making no sense. While you're at it tell them not to race, not drive a conv. without a roll cage and never go over the speed limit. Next you'll say relocation brackets and upgraded lca's mess with the integrity of the car.
My husband did the swaybar delete and I feel no difference in the stability of his vehicle on the exit ramps and turns. So what exactly was your point and do you have any links to a reliable source backing your rant??
Old 10-22-2008, 08:56 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

oh i hate to do this but umm im a paramedic. and i kinda do car about people but i was considering it and considering trying it and seeing how it would effect the car. everones personal driving skills and habits are different and have different suspension set-ups that can effect the ride. all things considered i appreciate your concerns and i ensure you i would not risk my life or my wifes for a fraction of a second.
ps please remember your post the next time you exceede the speed limit or break any single traffic law.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:08 PM
dlarge122878
2nd Gear Member

Why would you put 20's on you car if you wanna go fast? Do you see any drag racers running 20's?
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

http://www.lmperformance.com/15563/73.html

Last edited by stealth_GT; 10-23-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 06:45 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

"we need to take as much weight off the front end as possible"

Difficult when you start adding forced induction. The turbo weighs probably 150 lbs. Did move battery over rear axle to help some. Weighed car at the strip a while ago. With cage and all, it's now 200 lbs heavier than stock.