Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HTO..gapping

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 09:17 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Default HTO..gapping

Hello,

Can someone tell me what is the best way to gap an HTO sparkplug. I have no idea of how to do this.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

You have to get a speciel gapping tool for our plugs. Snap on dealers should have them or the Ford dealer. Get a wire gauge to check it. They run around $25 shipped.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

I went to a ford dealer and showed them the plug, the service guy asked if it was for a honda. I asked if he was kidding, he wasn't, I then left. Personally, if I'd had a wrench at the time I would have hit him with it! By the way it was a Roush dealer and they sold performance parts. I'll be calling Goodies Speed shop and in San Jose in the morning to see if they have the gapping tool. I'll also check with Snap on.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
TOMBSTANG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by loots06
I went to a ford dealer and showed them the plug, the service guy asked if it was for a honda. I asked if he was kidding, he wasn't, I then left. Personally, if I'd had a wrench at the time I would have hit him with it! By the way it was a Roush dealer and they sold performance parts. I'll be calling Goodies Speed shop and in San Jose in the morning to see if they have the gapping tool. I'll also check with Snap on.
lol and to think they work on cars like ours everyday....sad sad day.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

PMP and MMR sells them. Its about the only thing I would buy from MMR