Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Aggressive vs Mellow Borla Stingers

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 04:09 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I'll get used to it. I love drone.

There. Happy Nuke?
Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

The drone is not that bad at all and if you turn up your radio so you can hear it over normal road noise you only have to turn it up a tad more to cover up the drone. I love mine to death and I have a O/R catted x-pipe to boot and it sounds great. (And no its not raspy at all and does not trumpit either)
Old 10-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I'll get used to it. I love drone.

There. Happy Nuke?
Ecstatic...
Old 10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
cincygtstang

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
The drone is not that bad at all and if you turn up your radio so you can hear it over normal road noise you only have to turn it up a tad more to cover up the drone. I love mine to death and I have a O/R catted x-pipe to boot and it sounds great. (And no its not raspy at all and does not trumpit either)
Finally someone answering the drone question with something that is relative to all, not just one man saying its fine then another saying its horrible, thats not very helpful
Old 10-15-2008, 09:29 AM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

I absolutely love my stingers. They sound awesome cruising your local "strip". Loud enough to be heard, quiet enough for the cops (so far....)

My favorite is if you rev match downshifts to slow down... They pop and gurgle perfectly. Sure they do drone, but I have become used to it, i kinda enjoy it now.

Buy them from here for only 399
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...id=638cPath=85
Old 10-15-2008, 12:29 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Minor issue with the cat backs.... unfortunately I only had a limited amount of budget for my modifications and the stripe kit I got looks like its going to set me back $500 for installation so I've had to change my order and get the aggressive axle backs instead, that saved me $170 which I'll put towards the stripes......
Old 10-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

the stingers aren't a whole lot louder than stock at idle, it's startup and WOT that they could disturb the negihbors.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:46 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cincygtstang
Finally someone answering the drone question with something that is relative to all, not just one man saying its fine then another saying its horrible, thats not very helpful
Here is the god's truth about the drone, you get it at around 1900 to 2000 rpms and its not really that loud at all just sounds like a loud hum but if you have your radio up like I do I don't even really hear it at all any more. Plus, everyone that has been in my car has never even made a single comment about it so if it was bad I'm sure they would of ask what the noise was. But before and after that rpm range its as quite as a kitten until you get into it and then it really has a great sound that turns heads.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Intervention
I absolutely love my stingers. They sound awesome cruising your local "strip". Loud enough to be heard, quiet enough for the cops (so far....)

My favorite is if you rev match downshifts to slow down... They pop and gurgle perfectly. Sure they do drone, but I have become used to it, i kinda enjoy it now.

Buy them from here for only 399
http://www.buyfordracing.com/shop/pr...id=638cPath=85
I love me Steedas (Stingers). This pretty much sums it all up.
Old 10-17-2008, 03:56 PM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

i dont know if its just me, but the drone on my stingers from 1800-2000 rpms on at around 60mph in 5th is terrible. Ive been holding 4th longer to avoid it cause, its really loud.

Could i have done something wrong in the install? or am i just being a pansy?

im seriously considering selling them and getting corsas.

Quick Reply: Aggressive vs Mellow Borla Stingers