Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What mods to catch srt8 charger

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 11:20 PM
Captain J

It is not so bad not having it right now. I could not drive it anyway this time of year.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:02 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
I can only imagine the looks/reaction a 500 gets. I was taking my friend home from work yesterday... things I never notice he noticed. First we're going under an overpass, a guy standing up on top gives a thumbs up. Then further down the interstate, he said a guy in a vette next to us on his side gave a thumbs up. at the gas station a guy walking past the car stops in his tracks to admire it for a minute. then pulling through his apartment complex a gang of kids hanging out start jumping up and down going nuts throwing peace signs and yelling nice car. He was grinning ear to ear... pretty cool... yeah these cars get lots of attention.

We need to go cruising in Captain J's Gallardo... christ... talk about attention!!!
absolutely!!! the s197 are definitely an awesome looking car..funny story..last night I am driving through a parking lot when I see a bunch of cop cars...1 of the cars drive really fast towards me...first thing I am thinking is ...oh crap...maybe not supposed to drive through parking lot for whatever reason (Cruising law, loitering etc) anyways...the deputy points at me and pulls up driver side to driver side and stops me....then he smiles and just yells to me...that is a bad *** car..I was like thanks allot.he just kept complimenting my car and telling me how nice it was and asking how I like it etc etc..and if I had done anything to it..we ended up talking for like 20 minutes about how he tried buying one a year ago and the same dealership would not give him a good deal...then he tells me that since the ford dealer didnt work with him he went to a porsche dealer and bought a porsche caymen S. I was like WOW....nice car....we exchanged info for a while....then he advised me where to go that I can really open up my car at without any issues at all...tells me he takes his porsche there all the time etc etc...then he says we need to get together one time and go cruising...what an awesome guy...and truly very complimentary..he then told me be careful tonight as they were out in full effect taking care of business...told him thanks and we went on....gotta love these cars...
Old 12-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

A street cop with a Porsche?? cops are paid too much lol.

Heard a knock on my front door last night, opened it to see a guy from local auto service center giving out coupons. told him I didn't need any, I do everything myself on the car. He asked me to raise the garage to look so I did. I thought he was going to have a coronary... lol. we talked for 20 minutes about the stang. I really love cars.. wish I could afford a Ford GT.. that's my DREAM car.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rubrignitz
A street cop with a Porsche?? cops are paid too much lol.

Heard a knock on my front door last night, opened it to see a guy from local auto service center giving out coupons. told him I didn't need any, I do everything myself on the car. He asked me to raise the garage to look so I did. I thought he was going to have a coronary... lol. we talked for 20 minutes about the stang. I really love cars.. wish I could afford a Ford GT.. that's my DREAM car.
thats what I thought as well....thats cool on the coupon guy...it always cool when you bump into someone that loves cars as much as yourself...Ford GT...never drove one..but rode in one.....all I can say is WOW!!! would love to own one...might someday...just have to convince the wife...LOL
Old 12-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

If I had the chance to own a Ford GT I would give up all other hobbies, interests.. I wouldn't need anything else. lol. I'm soooo in love with those cars!

I'd be like this... running out of gas and still not wanting to get out of the car!!! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXSYHHQOoSI
Old 12-21-2008, 10:45 AM
paxton

Originally Posted by cheftjpeck
absolutely!!! the s197 are definitely an awesome looking car..funny story..last night I am driving through a parking lot when I see a bunch of cop cars...1 of the cars drive really fast towards me...first thing I am thinking is ...oh crap...maybe not supposed to drive through parking lot for whatever reason (Cruising law, loitering etc) anyways...the deputy points at me and pulls up driver side to driver side and stops me....then he smiles and just yells to me...that is a bad *** car..I was like thanks allot.he just kept complimenting my car and telling me how nice it was and asking how I like it etc etc..and if I had done anything to it..we ended up talking for like 20 minutes about how he tried buying one a year ago and the same dealership would not give him a good deal...then he tells me that since the ford dealer didnt work with him he went to a porsche dealer and bought a porsche caymen S. I was like WOW....nice car....we exchanged info for a while....then he advised me where to go that I can really open up my car at without any issues at all...tells me he takes his porsche there all the time etc etc...then he says we need to get together one time and go cruising...what an awesome guy...and truly very complimentary..he then told me be careful tonight as they were out in full effect taking care of business...told him thanks and we went on....gotta love these cars...
I'd love to have a cop tell me this...unless it was some sort of set-up.LOL It's tough finding cool places to open up the car without fear of getting lock-ed up. If I were you I'd get this guys number and hang-out with him and in fun, blow the doors off that Cayman S he drives!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Daywalker

I have a canned tune, intake, Nitto street tires in the rear, a 180 degree thermostat and I have beat a roush stand, a GT with a cam, dyno tune, pullies and some other minor stuff. Also raced a GT with a cam, pullies and more minor stuff with a 100shot. HE pulled me on 3rd gear since that is weak for me and strong for him and i started to catch after and before I am ahead. I also took on a gt500 (x2). Another roush with minor mods. Its just a different story here.