Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

No :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
frarmar

Originally Posted by GTtorch06
I decided I might just use this to my advantage.

I'll order some shorty headers, and buy 3 new tunes from Doug which will be tuned for the new headers. And I'll make sure to buy a PC connector cable while I'm at it D:
Doug will update your tune for the shortys for free.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Stoenr
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I have like 5 of those USB cables around the house, lol. They come with most digital video cameras, my cell phone even did, also alot of printers come with them.
I backed up original tunes when I got new ones to turn off the rear o2 sensors. Well they are backed up on my dead laptop, lol.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:11 PM
cbrstng08
2nd Gear Member

can you back up your stock tune as well? I have heard horror stories of guys getting their stock tunes deleted and not being able to go back to stock.

Last edited by cbrstng08; 11-07-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:33 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTtorch06
I decided I might just use this to my advantage.

I'll order some shorty headers, and buy 3 new tunes from Doug which will be tuned for the new headers. And I'll make sure to buy a PC connector cable while I'm at it D:
I take it your getting long tube headers? Cuse if your just getting shorties you won't need a new tune. Doug's tunes take into acount serveral of the more easy mods to do like O/R pipes, short headers, ect. Also, Doug keeps all of his customers tunes backed up on his PC and will send them to you for "free" if you have a problem. All you need is the one cable to connect it to the PC which you should be able to get almost anywhere.