Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Eaton Superchargers

Old 11-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude
So realistically would the vortech budget SC from Brenspeed would be a better option??
Realistically, you shouldn't go F/I on a budget. Not trying to deflate your sails, but supporting mods really start to add up, and something will eventually break. Before you know it, you've spent $2 for every $1 you expected to spend. Start a new savings account at the bank and drop every extra penny in there while you plan out a complete build. I wouldn't start an F/I project without at least $8-9 thousand of "just in case" money.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:39 PM
TheB1GDude
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nineinchnail1024
Realistically, you shouldn't go F/I on a budget. Not trying to deflate your sails, but supporting mods really start to add up, and something will eventually break. Before you know it, you've spent $2 for every $1 you expected to spend. Start a new savings account at the bank and drop every extra penny in there while you plan out a complete build. I wouldn't start an F/I project without at least $8-9 thousand of "just in case" money.
Again thank you for the advice.... I was looking over this one:

http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html

and the only reason I referred to it as budget was because they did.... from the parts they had listed it seemed in my eyes that pretty much everything was there, the only thing that I felt wasn't included was a higher spec clutch which would be the one other part I would purchase to go along with this, so I was thinking 6K and I'd be able to get this purchased, installed and running pretty safely.....
Old 11-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TheB1GDude
Again thank you for the advice.... I was looking over this one:

http://www.brenspeed.com/v3vortech.html

and the only reason I referred to it as budget was because they did.... from the parts they had listed it seemed in my eyes that pretty much everything was there, the only thing that I felt wasn't included was a higher spec clutch which would be the one other part I would purchase to go along with this, so I was thinking 6K and I'd be able to get this purchased, installed and running pretty safely.....
That's a nice kit, but I wouldn't run 8psi without some sort of cooling. Nothing against Brenspeed, they're a great company, but I wouldn't feel safe pushing that much boost with no safety net. I'd pump up the budget enough to accomodate the vortech aftercooler, and then I'd say you're in business. I agree that a clutch upgrade is a must, but trust me, stay the hell away from SPEC. If you want to know why, read my posts in the "Whipple 1, Clutch 0" thread. SPEC is bad, bad business...
Old 11-11-2008, 05:50 AM
jawsgt
2nd Gear Member

nineinch sry to hear u had a bad experience with spec. i used nothing but spec in all my other previous cars running very very low 12's and pulling the left front tire off the ground with never 1 issue
Old 11-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jawsgt
nineinch sry to hear u had a bad experience with spec. i used nothing but spec in all my other previous cars running very very low 12's and pulling the left front tire off the ground with never 1 issue
The clutch is fine. It's the customer service that turned me away for life. Also, I'm running the SPEC2, and it seems to be problem free, but I've never seen anyone running the SPEC 2+ on the S197 without major issues.