Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

There's a hole in my soul

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 11:53 AM
wondercoolguy
1st Gear Member

Default There's a hole in my soul

I went up to the dealership yesterday to pick up my brand new mustang 05 sonic blue ordered to my specificaitons. I test drove it and looked over the paint and the fuse box. We sit down at the finance table. I give the keys to my 97 convertible over to get appraised. The guy pulls our credit blah blah (both me and my wife have over 700) He comes back with the final numbers and in the trade in allowance it says 1000 dollars. I looked at that number and I said hold up is this what your giving me for my car? I told him no and that I felt like it was a slap in the face. So the sales manager comes up and tells me he can get it bumped up to 1500. I told him I Kelly Blue booked it I should get aleast 3500 for it. He told me impossible I told him not if you want me in that car over there. So, they grilled my wife and I for about another 30 mins saying you know we are going to sale this thing prolly tomorrow. I told him yes but there is another out there just like it. So I left without my car :-( So, now I dunno what I'm going to do [sm=violin.gif]
Old 05-29-2005, 01:11 PM
macca
1st Gear Member

Default RE: There's a hole in my soul

I always sell my cars privately....never trade, they always screw you. If you don't mind the extra hassle, spend a hundred bucks on advertising and get what the car is worth. But buy the new one for sure. I wouldnt take 1500 for a 3500 car but I wouldnt walk on the deal either. Good luck man. Check out this link for other scams they may try on you www.carbuyingtips.com
Old 05-29-2005, 01:50 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: wondercoolguy

I went up to the dealership yesterday to pick up my brand new mustang 05 sonic blue ordered to my specificaitons. I test drove it and looked over the paint and the fuse box. We sit down at the finance table. I give the keys to my 97 convertible over to get appraised. The guy pulls our credit blah blah (both me and my wife have over 700) He comes back with the final numbers and in the trade in allowance it says 1000 dollars. I looked at that number and I said hold up is this what your giving me for my car? I told him no and that I felt like it was a slap in the face. So the sales manager comes up and tells me he can get it bumped up to 1500. I told him I Kelly Blue booked it I should get aleast 3500 for it. He told me impossible I told him not if you want me in that car over there. So, they grilled my wife and I for about another 30 mins saying you know we are going to sale this thing prolly tomorrow. I told him yes but there is another out there just like it. So I left without my car :-( So, now I dunno what I'm going to do [sm=violin.gif]
[sm=wtf.gif]

You didn't get the Stang??? Are you on drugs?? []

Dam... keep the 97 and sell it yourself. Hell, donate it to charity and write off the full KBB value (resale value, not trade in). But, don't walk away from the GT. D'Oh!
Old 05-29-2005, 01:55 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

i agree with macca...when i bought my stang, i was gonna trade in my f150. it market valued at 17000 and trade in was around 13500. they told me that because i had all my aftermarkets on it, they would give me 10500. i told them they were crazy so i took home my truck and my mustang that night. needless to say, i sold it a couple weeks later outright for over 15000 and that was taking most of my aftermarkets off of it.

oh and here is an interesting fact..............you left the damn mustang there!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 04:35 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

Dude! Don't take this wrong, but you've got a dime holding up a dollar!
You walked for what amounts to $20/month. No, don't give them your car but certainly don't walk out without your GT!
What I mean is screw the trade, pay $20/mo more for the GT and get $3500 for your '97
privately. Besides, with 700+ beacon and a good banker you could have worked something out.
Man, I'M [:'(] for you.

ALWAYS sell privately, never trade. You always lose on a trade. (In fact, you always lose buying new for that matter, esp if you paid MSRP). Most dealers won't even give you average trade-in but they'll
turn around and sell it for Dealer Retail (or more) - They make BIG BUCKS on used cars.

Do something. Go get your car! Where are you? I'd buy the '97 myself if I had the cash just so you could get your Baby.
Old 05-29-2005, 05:20 PM
SilverR1_04
2nd Gear Member

I would have bought the car and sold the '97 on my own.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:56 AM
Scaught
2nd Gear Member

Similar thing happened to me. 95 toyota 4 runner high miles, trade in 2000$, sold it same day private sale for 5000$.

don't walk on the car, that's you making a mistake, not the dealer.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:05 AM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Man get back there and get that GT just don't trade your car.You will regret not getting it.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:06 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: RICVA05

Man get back there and get that GT just don't trade your car.You will regret not getting it.
Exactly what they were saying! Get in there NOW and get your car. Finance it for an additional $20 per month - take the $3500 you get from the 97 and take the wife on a nice vacation - or do the smart thing and pay down your new loan by $3500. But go get your car before some non-orderer, non 4-month waiting slacker gets it

Old 05-30-2005, 06:33 PM
JC74
2nd Gear Member

Exactly what they were saying! Get in there NOW and get your car. Finance it for an additional $20 per month - take the $3500 you get from the 97 and take the wife on a nice vacation
Screw that!! do everything Sowaxeman said, but spend the $3500 on new mods. Your wife will understand.

Well no she won't, but who cares.[sm=gears.gif]

Quick Reply: There's a hole in my soul