Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Newby with a leak. -merged threads

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 11:56 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Ok I have seen the hole you speak of and you said you had a leak right? It was not originating from that hole was it? I doubt it and the fact that others have that hole too suggests that it is normal and different hardware was used to bolt the pulley to the snout of the compressor. I just started mine today (in storage) and I believe mine looks like Moosestangs's pic in his sig. I hope the tune gets fixed and JDM is very well known with FI and the whipple in particular so your in good hands. I believe the tune just needs an adjustment.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:11 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

Well the dealer tried to give me my car back today.Still had a slight ping at low rpm. Actually I could make it ping where ever I wanted. I also have a great deal of throttle delay when taking off from a standing start.They say that my cars computer needs to learn the new tune. I said it's too dangerous to drive with so much delay in the throttle.So it is back in the shop.Any body have any experience with delay?When I push the gas pedal down it feels like at least an inch or more of play. This is a scary situation when pulling out in front of 18 wheelers etc.I am confident in the guys at###back east but the waiting sucks when I am on the west coast. Later
Old 12-06-2008, 02:47 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Sorry to hear that.....wish you were in the states. I would try calling Adam for ST motorsports in CA and maybe he can advise and/or check the tune. Email is a beautiful thing...
Old 12-06-2008, 03:22 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Daryl06
I read on here that one guy had his car in the shop for three months. lol
3 months of shop life can not be too good
for ones nice straight body panels and scratch
free paint. A ding or two a week is the norm for
vehicles in for repair at the Stealership.
Mine came back from the bodyshop full
of green overspray after taking it back to
get the proper hue of redfire metallic on my
rear bumper. They claim it did not happen
in their bodyshop. Yea, right. I cut my
losses and got the heck out of there.
A bodyshop that cant match Ford 07
RedFire Metallic. Takes two shots to
get it right.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

I have been digging in the forums and I guess I have found the right info. The tuner might have the adaptive learning curve blocked? They will be able to remove most of the delay with the tune.I am wondering why this wasn't done first.This is the problem with a canned tune from across the country I guess.Question for anybody with a nonintercooled Whipple. Have you had any problems tuning them?Just thought I would throw that out there. lol
Old 12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

Hi just an update in the saga of my cars woes.It seems the car now on testing has picked up a transmission code. I have to wait and see if this is causing my car to reject the tunes.They have got the head honcho working on it now.He said that they are probably 20% finished on diagnostic and teardown ckecks. They blew one up a while back and he said he wants to do this right. DUHHH! Anyway I get to drive a 4 door Taurus courtesy car. Not putting any miles on my car at this time of year is a bonus. Later
Old 12-09-2008, 06:32 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daryl06
Hi just an update in the saga of my cars woes.It seems the car now on testing has picked up a transmission code. I have to wait and see if this is causing my car to reject the tunes.They have got the head honcho working on it now.He said that they are probably 20% finished on diagnostic and teardown ckecks. They blew one up a while back and he said he wants to do this right. DUHHH! Anyway I get to drive a 4 door Taurus courtesy car. Not putting any miles on my car at this time of year is a bonus. Later
Blew up a non-intercooled whippled motor? I'm really surprised the tune from whipple didn't work.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

No it was an H.O. kit. I don't who's tune was in it. But they replaced it with a JDM short block and a TVS blower. They can do that to my car anytime they want. Now they tell me their experienced guy is at school this week.Patience my *** I want to kill something. lol