Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen vs Paxton-Novi

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 11:30 PM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

NOVI>all

lol
Old 11-30-2008, 08:15 AM
graygt07
2nd Gear Member

i have the saleen stage 3 from brenspeed so i vote that way.

you may not be happy with the kit from saleen. i put the saleen kit in first to keep my warrenty BUT that was wrong. i went from running high 13's to running 13 flat @104 for that much money i thought it would be faster. so i wennt to brenspeed and ordered one of there kits and now in the 11's. the stage 1 kit would be a better bet. for $50 it would be well worth it
Old 11-30-2008, 08:54 AM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

You said the centrifigual blower is 5000 plus 800-1000 to install. (That's 5800-6000)
Then you said the PD blower is 6000 installed.

If they're the same price for the setup and installation, this isn't a cost decision.

Personally, I've owned centrifigual and PD blowers. I'll never own another centrifigual blower again.The Centrifigual is only useful from around 4000 RPM and up, whereas the PD blower gives you power and torque MUCH sooner.

My 05 is a daily driver with a Saleen blower. You're never in danger of rear ending someone because of how the blower delivers power, no matter what gears you have in the rear.

Hope this helps,
Alan
Old 11-30-2008, 09:38 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Big Top Gt
You said the centrifigual blower is 5000 plus 800-1000 to install. (That's 5800-6000)
Then you said the PD blower is 6000 installed.

If they're the same price for the setup and installation, this isn't a cost decision.

Personally, I've owned centrifigual and PD blowers. I'll never own another centrifigual blower again.The Centrifigual is only useful from around 4000 RPM and up, whereas the PD blower gives you power and torque MUCH sooner.

My 05 is a daily driver with a Saleen blower. You're never in danger of rear ending someone because of how the blower delivers power, no matter what gears you have in the rear.

Hope this helps,
Alan
Most people dont try to get into boost when they are right behind someone... Power delievery is not abrupt like the above is trying to say. Its really pretty smooth, but you can feel some surge as you get into the higher rpms. Mine is DD, and I love it.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:46 AM
cenotaph
1st Gear Member

Lots of good opinions here. Thanks for the input guys.
Seems most are happy with their initial decision of blower setup. Although, if anyone complains about a TYPE of SC, it usually seems to be the centrifugal. Seems as though folks are only disappointed with their twin-screw if they initially go with a basic setup and then happy when they "upgrade".
Bottom line from what I gather, is that it's kind of a crap-shoot. I think that I'll ultimately end up with the PaxtonNovi setup-- I just can't bring myself to drive a Roush/Saleen hybrid unless I have a really damn good reason.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Big Top Gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cenotaph
Lots of good opinions here. Thanks for the input guys.
Seems most are happy with their initial decision of blower setup. Although, if anyone complains about a TYPE of SC, it usually seems to be the centrifugal. Seems as though folks are only disappointed with their twin-screw if they initially go with a basic setup and then happy when they "upgrade".
Bottom line from what I gather, is that it's kind of a crap-shoot. I think that I'll ultimately end up with the PaxtonNovi setup-- I just can't bring myself to drive a Roush/Saleen hybrid unless I have a really damn good reason.
I'd say getting whipped by a lower peak HP output PD blower car while your centrifugal is still building RPM is as good a reason as you'll need.

Seriously though, my Saleen blower untuned at 4 pounds feels WAAYYYY faster than my Vortech at 8 right off the rollers.

Ask me again after I get this 3.2 pulley on the car.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

paxton will go great with your 4.10s. That will be that extra power that your looking for.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:35 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Either S/C choice is fine just what do you want from said FI? Instant TQ (which regardless of gear will not throw you into the car in front of you at the light off the line-unless you want it too?) Centri's are great and some might even say that for a DD they are not as hard on the car because of when the boost kicks in.....IMO boost is boost and the rods in these cars are the weakest link. My next question to you is if you do go FI do you have the money to buy a new block or internals if your stock ones let go say on the dyno for dyno tuning after install? You want to play you may have to pay....see my point? I love the feel of the Twin screw as it feels more like a big block motor just putting down power effortlessly! Thats why I bought mine and both have proven themselves worthy of any of the power gains you look for and can easily up the boost with a belt change with either......choice is yours and do your research before you buy!
Old 12-01-2008, 07:56 AM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

I went saleen and feel it's a great blower and a lot of fun and safer for the motor then most other blowers (with a good tune of course) IMO the only problem I have with the Saleen SC is your capped at around 530 rwhp.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:13 AM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cenotaph
Have '06 Stage 1 Roush daily driver, no intention for track use. Live in Phoenix (HOT!) Looking to go FI for some extra kick. Car came with 20" rims. Has 4.10 gears and CAI.

1.) My first choice was Brenspeed's Paxton-Novi 2200 IC tuner kit for $4995 (minus $140 paying with cash). Found good/reliable mechanic who will install for $50/hour (roughly $800-1000 total), no dyno tune (none needed per Brenspeed). Entire cost would be about $5700.

2.) Second choice- I was approached with new Saleen SC (435hp kit). Total cost is $6000 out the door (SC and install with dyno tune). Not sure if this is kosher to have Saleen blower on a Roush car.

What do you guys think?? #1 or 2? Or something different for 6K max??
Thx

I have the Saleen SC w/475hp upgrade and 4.10's, drive the car everyday in traffic no problems at. The one thing you should think about being in Phoenix is a larger intercooler no matter what SC you go with.

Quick Reply: Saleen vs Paxton-Novi