Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just pre-ordered an Edelbrock Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Default Just pre-ordered an Edelbrock Supercharger

Call me crazy, but after getting bit by the blower bug about a month ago, this new one really caught my attention. So after much debate and several lengthy discussions with one of the sponsors from another forum, I made the plunge this afternoon and whipped out the 'ole CC!!!

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...ewprod/1-2.pdf

I really like the low boost numbers with this set-up (~400RWHP with only 5psi, through the stock air cleaner!!) as I really do not want to go too crazy with the car. I will probably do some rear suspension upgrades this winter to help control the HP, but otherwise plan to keep things very simple. They are also working on a CAI, intake tube, pulley, and fuel pump upgrade that should take this up to 450RWHP (and that on only ~7psi).

Anyhow, wish me luck and I will be sure post pictures and feedback once it arrives and we get it installed. If everything works out as planned, should be here in time for my planned vacation time for Christmas, And with my older brother in town for the holidays, I will have another set of hands (along with his vast car experience) to help.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:37 PM
blackmustang285

That should be a fun project; Good luck with the install. I just had a saleen supercharger put in and enjoy it.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:49 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

sounds interesting. be sure to get the dyno #'s and some video for all us MF'ers.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:56 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

looks like a very nice unit Doogie65, let
us know how you like it and if the claims
match the real world dyno results
Attached Thumbnails Just pre-ordered an Edelbrock Supercharger-edlebrocksc.jpg  
Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Good luck indeed....i would never want to try something like this out without some time on the market
Old 12-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

yeah, that was and is still nawing at me... but I figured someone had to give them shot. Given the company that developed it along with the people involved, I am able to sleep with my decision.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:27 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

edelbrock is definately a tried and true company. i wouldnt worry about it. we want dyno results pics and vids.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:10 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by Doogie65 View Post
Congrats on the new upgrade! I am sure the wait knowing you are so close is just a killer!!!

I was just bit by the "blower bug" and made a leap of faith today by pre-ordering one of the new Edelbrock SC. I will post pictures and feedback down the road, but am hoping to have it in time for my planned Christmas time off. Having never driven in a "blown", this will be the longest winter in my entire life knowing what awaits in the spring!!
This was my response to you in that thread about the whipple install!
Sounds like a great S/C and very efficient in the power vs. boost level. Let us know how it goes and pics and vids are what everyone loves on the forum so that would be appreciated! Dyno graphs and vid of the dyno would be sweet if possible too and maybe some track times. I am curious to see what times the car can do at said psi compared to others.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:17 AM
scrmngt
1st Gear Member

Saw the videos online...looks real nice! Been looking at getting a Saleen for my 06 but this may change my mind. How much?
Old 12-03-2008, 06:19 AM
scrmngt
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by howarmat
Good luck indeed....i would never want to try something like this out without some time on the market
I agree with you to some extent...you did buy an 05 though...

Quick Reply: Just pre-ordered an Edelbrock Supercharger