Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

WHATS WITH ALL THE WHAT DOES IT TAKE

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:03 PM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Default WHATS WITH ALL THE WHAT DOES IT TAKE

threads to beat other cars, im just wondering. its late and im tired, anhave been noticing an influx of these threads.

Now i know everybody cant afford it, but the reasonable answer is going to b a supercharger or turbo, or the more affordable nitrous.

I guess its cool that all the peeps on here really want to go fast, but trust me, if you mod to beat the next guy, then that leads to more performance mods to beat the guy after him, and one day when your credit card bills or your savings has been depleted, your gonna kick yourself in the ****, becuase youve just realized that all this pushing of hp has caused more than you thought and now you need a new motor or you just want to get rid of the car.

Im not refering to myself, but at one point i was close to that. granted i have spent an ungodly amount of money on this car, im at the point where people try to race me and i laugh, then get sad, and think of the n/a days when i could beat the living hell out of the car. now the car stays in the garage with slicks on it and race gas in it most of the time waiting to run into a whippled cobra or something because ive crossed the line of everday racing.

in no way am i saying that most of you will get thier, but ive owned this car for for years. i wanted 12, then 11, then 10s, now im hoping next year or the next for 9s. it never ends.

thats all, flame away, but know this. i wish i had put a good set of rims on the car, a nice body kit or something. my c.a.i and a few other great mods, and enjoyed looking cool and beating the hell out of it. today i decided to drive the car to work, and realised, hell no, im not wasting the 110oct fuel. what a sad day
Old 12-08-2008, 11:21 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

hey mustard, i don't know about anyone else,
but i would love to see a bunch of pics of your
car and for you to let us know what you've done to
it, to make it what is is today
Old 12-08-2008, 11:28 PM
MyStangIsSlow

That is the single saddest story I have ever read, I can see them making it into a touching Disney movie.

So seriously though, was that just a rant about making your car too fast and how upset you are about it? If it's so terrible, turn the boost down, or take the blower off totally. I really don't get where you're going with this. Why in the hell do you have to drive around on race gas, no street tune? If your car is to that point, you had to realize you weren't making a streetable DD in the first place, it doesn't just happen overnight.

We really need pics of your car though.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

you dont have to run race gas... my car makes over 600 to the wheels and i drive on 93 octane
Old 12-08-2008, 11:41 PM
East87
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hufenstang
you dont have to run race gas... my car makes over 600 to the wheels and i drive on 93 octane
How's the SuperShaker treating you Huf?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 AM
SONICBOOST3
2nd Gear Member

I see where your comming from but i'm 100% satisfied with my car at 430rwhp and don't plan on uping the power or adding any more mods anytime soon.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:10 AM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hufenstang

its more of a safety thing for me, its make me feel more comfortable honestly
Old 12-09-2008, 07:13 AM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MyStangIsSlow
That is the single saddest story I have ever read, I can see them making it into a touching Disney movie.

So seriously though, was that just a rant about making your car too fast and how upset you are about it? If it's so terrible, turn the boost down, or take the blower off totally. I really don't get where you're going with this. Why in the hell do you have to drive around on race gas, no street tune? If your car is to that point, you had to realize you weren't making a streetable DD in the first place, it doesn't just happen overnight.

We really need pics of your car though.

not sad my friend, just a reality. As for my car, im at the point where i cant stop. I can only try to improve everything on it. If i was to stop i would be out the 30k plus ive already dumped into it. Im not crying. i just know what ive done isnt for everyone. Ive seen it start with so many other, and end up something totally different, kind of like my first marriage
Old 12-09-2008, 07:15 AM
mustard05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST3
I see where your comming from but i'm 100% satisfied with my car at 430rwhp and don't plan on uping the power or adding any more mods anytime soon.

430rwhp is definatey a streetable fun. Its all about enjoying the car.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I suppose it would upset some folks if I started a thread titled "What mods do I need to beat a '60's vintage Volkswagen with a flat tire and dingo *****"...

Oh, and I also am thrilled by the "What is the best underwear?" and "What is the best windshield washer fluid?" threads.

Ok, I think I'm finished now.