Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

It takes over 120hp to spin a twin screw?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 04:16 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

GIT R DONE!

Old 12-11-2008, 04:58 PM
BM83
2nd Gear Member

I have trouble believing that a guy that can't spell basic words or use grammar propperly has the talent to build his own turbo systems on a multitude of cars.

I guess that the holset hx35 turbo that he pulled from a cummins diesel probably spools up fast on that 1.5 liter honda civic...NOT

what a douche
Old 12-11-2008, 05:53 PM
aclass
3rd Gear Member

I'm glad that I'm able to ignore stupid posts like that.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:34 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Ok so my lets think of an example here...

My Whipple at 10psi made 450rwhp, pulling time and blowing black smoke up top.
Now if I were to revert to a turbocharger setup, at 10psi would I make 570rwhp?
NO...
Old 12-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

wow... I love reading youtube comments and laughing. If you ever want to feel better about yourself, just find a video of a car racing and read the comments.

and LOL at that kid... only rich people drive Stangs? are you freakin kidding me? Maybe only rich people's high school kids...
Old 12-12-2008, 01:53 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

OK comparing turbo's to S/C's is an old and mute topic at best as it really is comparing apples to oranges. Now the guy that posted those comments really has no valid point as he is an a s s h o l e! (see I can argue and make no real sense). My point being don't believe some random dude that comments on something with no real understanding of how anything works. Now on that point is it false advertising to say "Whipples are the most efficient PD blowers?" Isn't that what whipple states? I trust the tried and true and Whipple makes a great S/C and regardless of the HP it takes to turn the compressor the bottom line is that it was the best money I have spent and I am the rich yuppie that paid cash for it....LOL (NOT).
Old 12-12-2008, 02:01 AM
Crazy Horse S197
1st Gear Member

The only superchargers I know of that eat hundreds of hp are top fuel dragsters, but hey they have like 8,000hp and can spare a little. That guy has no idea what he is talking about and I hope kids dont read his comments and take truth from what he is saying. Idiots like that give american muscle cars a bad name so other kids will buy rice without even considering or gaining all the facts about american. I like how he said only rich people buy mustangs because i thought it is the best performance car for the money. I am sure if we were all rich we would have more expensive cars than a gt. If you think a mustang gt is expensive then you need to take a very hard look at reality.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:21 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

Haha, if you think a Mustang GT is expensive, then maybe you need to look at a new career! I put $14,000 down on mine when I was 19!! I was just a 1st year welder making $25/hr!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:23 AM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Crazy Horse S197
The only superchargers I know of that eat hundreds of hp are top fuel dragsters, but hey they have like 8,000hp and can spare a little.
I read on some site of "facts about top fuel" that it takes about 400HP to turn the blower at full power. If that is the case, when you're making 8K HP, I think you can spare 400.

But the amount of HP taken away from the s/c'er is not a fixed value. It's a function of many parameters so graphing it would be a curve.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

clearly this guy knows nothing, i doubt he even has a car. he doesnt have any videios, and if he has these cars he was so proud of he should have video of them, right? just by his SN 0to60in16seconds leads me to believe he drives a moped and only acheives 60 mph going downhill. i've encountered other e-thugs like this before, one on cardomain who's SN was S10stangkiller or something like that and told me my 20's look lame and when i went to his page it turned out he didnt even have his truck yet but his mommy and daddy were going to get it for him very soon. these guys just make me lol.

Quick Reply: It takes over 120hp to spin a twin screw?