Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I just Fu(ked my tune up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Default I just Fu(ked my tune up.

So I got someone that wanted to buy my old SCT handheld and I wanted to make sure that it was unlocked instead of taking my tuners word for it. So I went down to my car and plugged the SCT into my car and checked the tune status. It read "Vortech 92 Octane tune", this is the tune that I had on the car before I had my engine rebuilt and switched over to a Diablo tuner. So that meant my tuner didn't bother to return the car to stock before he started the new tune after the build. So I thought to myself " O well, I'll just return the car to stock with the SCT and reload my new tune with the Diablo" Well I did exactly that until it came time to start the uploading of the new tune with the Diablo. I went to press select to "Install tune" and the message "Invalid tune 2, tune does not match previous tune install in car" or some thing along those lines. So I was like "****". I then reloaded the SCT tune into the car and then tried to load the Diablo tune on top of that one thinking that would put me where I started. I ended up with the same message as before when I went to press select. So now I have a SCT tuner thats unlocked and a bone stock tune in my stang. Someone help a guy that doesn't know **** about these tuners other then moding the perameters.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:17 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

I assume you mean the Ford factory tune when you say stock?? If so then call up Diablo Sport and ask them if you can reload the tune into the tuner oris that message some type of failure. If it's not a major failure then all you have to do is call whoever sent you the Diablo Sport and ask them to email you your performance tune and just up load it back into it.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

the only thing i can think of, is that
you need to plug the SCT back in and
select "Return to Stock".....after that
finishes, then plug in the diablo and
upload the custom tune.....

if that SCT option doesn't come up, i don't
know what to think
Old 12-15-2008, 10:53 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

Its a custom tune from JPC and I couldn't exactly get ahold of him tonight to ask him if he still had the tune.
I did return to stock with the SCT and then try to load the custom one with the Diablo, thats what I did origionally.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:28 AM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

where in the diablo did you go to upload the tune? Theirs a section under options, and then there is also a section under "custom tune".

Why did you switch from SCT? supposably they are better than Diablosport?
Old 12-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

cause the guy that tuned my car worked for Diablosport. I tried to upload it through the normal process that I use every time I load a tune.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:32 AM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

I'd call your tuner and just be honest with him. I'm sure he can walk you through it. There are a couple of work arounds they have. I had a problem uploading a tune on my car once and Richard called SCT. They had him do a couple of things (can't remember what they were, like turn accessory on twice for 10 seconds till this light comes on etc..) and it worked.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Sounds to me that you did it in the wrong order.

You should plug in the diablo and return the car to stock. Then plug in the SCT and return the car to stock. Then reinstall the Diablo.

The problem I think is that the Diablo is looking for the tune that was there and it is gone because the SCT has overridden it.

Basically you have to unlock both tuners then reinstall the one you want.

Thats my 2 cents.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:20 AM
HaneyMotorsport.Com
Banned

That's seems like the right way to me ^^

Casey
Old 12-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Brian_Zinchuk
4th Gear Member

The Diablo wont let me install any kind of tune change. Every time I try to install any tune or return it to stock it give me the "Invalid Liscense 2, tune does not match last written tune" or some thing along those lines. I can install tunes and return to stock with the SCT though. Its weird.

Quick Reply: I just Fu(ked my tune up.