Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First time you saw your Mustang GT......

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Stick you must be doing over 700 a month... haha that's alot. Yeah I am pretty lucky to have the family that I do and the grandfather that I did that made it possible for her to do this for me it will be nice having all my paycheck be all mine so I can mod/save Ill probably end up putting 1 paycheck into the bank and 1 paycheck into the car a month (get payed every 2 weeks) until the car is done then the money will just pile up to move out =)
That's what I paid...$701.66 per month for 36 months. It was awesome when I made the final payment and the got the title in the mail.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

First time I saw mine it was sitting in front of the showroom floor, dealer-prepped and ready for me to drive home. Nice feeling to drive up and see it there and know that it's your own. There were 5 miles on the clock.

I'm another customer who had their car built to order. Knowing that dealer stock rarely matches up with the equipment combination that I want, that was the plan from the very beginning. I don't buy cars all that often, so yeah, I'm fussy about the way I want it put together when I do.

By the time we took a test drive in the closest one available, all of the decisions had been identified and most of them made. The test drive was the final "make-or-break" hurdle, and I guess I don't have to say which way that went. Placing the order was anticlimactic, shook hands with the salesman (who, as it turned out, was the son of a "girl" that my wife had worked with a few years ago) and his manager, and then went home to wait it out.

What are these "payment" things you guys/girl keep mentioning?

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 12-18-2008 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:34 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

congrats branomano. i know you thanked her repeatedly. now you can start your own life in your own place. my story is about the same. i have been in love with mustangs since i was 11 yrs old. my uncle got me addicted when i saw his 1991 fox body gt. it was on from there. he has owned every cobra since 1993 and his still drag racing his termie with 524rwhp. ive been lucky enough to drive them all like i stole them.
since i have owned 4 mustangs(1996, 2006, 2007, and 2008). 2 v6's and 2 gt's. yes having a mom that works at ford credit helps awhole lot. it makes it to where i can trade every year and not lose any money.
even when i had the sixers it was the best time of my life to just be driving my dream car. but when i traded my 06 v6 in for the 07 gt it was a real dream come true. most hp car i have ever owned and want more power. go figure. didnt get an 06 gt because honestly i was a lil scared of the hp. i know myself and my love for going fast. (11 out of 12 points last yr on my driving record.) almost lost the license.
everytime i walk outside and see my baby sitting in the driveway i feel like a little kid on christmas morning. giddy as can be. love getting in and starting her up today just like i did the day i brought her home. gf gets a little mad at times bc she feels like she is 2nd best. guess this is something i will have to work on next yr. lol
hope everybody has a great holiday season. be safe.

Last edited by shoeys08dkcandygt; 12-18-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Nice man better give your girl some attention too though haha
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

I had looked at GT's for months with no luck finding the right car. Vista Blue, black Leather seats and leather wheel, no silver dash, stick. I called dealers in 3 states to try and find it but nope.

I'm on my way to work from the gym and had some time so i figured I'd try and find a Ford I hadn't been to yet a few towns away. I had called them but I figured I'd go im person too. I found the place and went inside asking if they had any stick vista blue GTs. "ahh yea I think we might have one". Me and a young salesman go out back to the lot and BAM there it is! He unlocks the doors and we get in. I look around the interior and smile. He says "what do you think?" I say "I'll take it. can we go for a testdrive?". I have never seen someone so shocked in my life. The guy scrambled for words "ah ah ahh ya ya yea yea ill be right back!" Easiest sale of his life I bet haha. The only downside was the shaker system which I did not want--waste of money---the only sound I thought I needed was the tailpipes.

We went for a drive, came back and I gave a $500 deposit. The car had 17 miles (kind of high but what can you do). A week later I handed them the largest check I've ever given and drove my baby home. Best drive home ever and my family loved the car!!! A new baby in the house!!!! haha.

So now it's coming up on 3 years in May and I have loved EVERY second of it. Yes for the money I could have had a faster car but I wouldn't change my decision for anything! I also lucked out with my car being one of the more powerful cars Ford produced (always thought it felt strong) getting good dyno #'s with only a few mods. Ohh and that "worthless" stereo-the best damn option the car has; I listen to it every day and love it!
Old 12-18-2008, 02:11 PM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

Well first I had a 95 GT, then I got my 94 Cobra. After the tranny went out on the Cobra I was driving around my Ranger. Joined the military and decided I would reward myself with a new mustang. Looks for weeks, initially wanted an all black one, loaded. Couldnt find the one I wanted. I was at Dimension Ford in Ft. Wayne IN, and I was looking at a Shelby GT, white. Didnt really like it.. So I was leaving decided to drive around the back.... There was the car hauler unloading 7 2008 mustangs. The dealers first shipment! I saw the Windveil blue in the sunlight on top of the hauler and I knew I had to have it. I went in go a salesman before the stang was even unloaded. He told me the specs, I sat in it. And I bought it that day. She had 1.8 miles on her when I got in to drive home. She is my DD and I love every second I see or drive her. I still just stare at her sometimes as I walk away.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:21 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Haha same if I see a spec of anything ill just grab a microfiber towel and wipe it off and i end up wiping off the entire damn car but she is shiny now =) haha can't wait till I get my front end I should put a bench at the of my street so when i park I can just sit and stare.... haha
Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Branomano06GT
Nice man better give your girl some attention too though haha
we will just call it one of my new years resolutions. lol.
she knows i love her. just thinks i love my car just as much though.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:20 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Ah, good stories guys! Here's mine...

Been working in the family business since I was maybe 5, been getting paid to do it since I was 12 or so. Parents made a deal that they would match what I had saved, unfortunate for them. Come 06 I started shopping before I graduated High School, shopped for about 8 months and nearly bought two on different occasions, but I just kept looking. I finally found the one I wanted, and I took my parents to check it out. There were two side by side in my color, one was high optioned and one was low. I told them which one I said I wanted (the lower optioned one because of price) and wrote them a check for the $12k I had saved. Two weeks later I was at home working on a project with some friends, and my dad walks in keys in hand and says "what, you can't hear me revving it outside?" I pretty much flipped out, and it's been awesome ever since. They ended up getting the loaded one, and I was shocked by that.

Two weeks later, got the call "well, we're releasing a 4.6 stroker, going to be the first to the market, would you mind us testing it on your car?" Rest is history
Old 12-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Wait your stroker kit was free!? You know how jealous I am right at this very moment.. haha

Quick Reply: First time you saw your Mustang GT......