Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

boost creep with hellion turbo kit need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 03:23 PM
bobby1110
3rd Gear Member

i still need help with this. they just knocked it right off of hear. i hate when they do that. i live just out side of charlotte, nc. if some one is near that can help me find out the problem just pm me or something. thanks
Old 12-29-2008, 07:30 AM
bobby1110
3rd Gear Member

her is how i have it hooked up. the first one is how it was hooked up originally. the second is how i have it hooked up now.
Attached Thumbnails boost creep with hellion turbo kit need help-originalturbosetup.jpg   boost creep with hellion turbo kit need help-turbosetup.jpg  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

I will look in the box for my boost controler tomorrow and see what the vacuum line plumbing looks like.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 AM
yanrider

bump, hi I'm new here and have the same problem (well I'm not sure its a problem but)

did you resolve this creep issue?

I was always getting 5-6 psi which was ok, but I went over the system after a week of driving and notieced a few clamps where loose and or slipped off so I tightened those up and now I get quicker spool, and 2 psi of creeep in 3rd gear and around 4psi in 4th...my tune should be good for it but it could be risky

input?
Old 04-15-2009, 07:21 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

the wastegate that comes witht hose kits is a 38mm turbonetics. Turbonetics 38mm wastegates are known thru out the turbo community to spike. the valve that relaease the pressure does not open all the way. i recently used one on y set up and it spiked, i will be replacing it with a tial or b&g. others that i have spoken too that had the same issue just replaced it and the problem was gone, no other modifiactions done,just replaced the wastegate.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:32 AM
yanrider

Originally Posted by one eyed *****
the wastegate that comes witht hose kits is a 38mm turbonetics. Turbonetics 38mm wastegates are known thru out the turbo community to spike. the valve that relaease the pressure does not open all the way. i recently used one on y set up and it spiked, i will be replacing it with a tial or b&g. others that i have spoken too that had the same issue just replaced it and the problem was gone, no other modifiactions done,just replaced the wastegate.

and this WG bolts right on?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yanrider
and this WG bolts right on?
Yes. A waste gate will bolt right on. Usually two small bolts on one side and two on the other.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:53 PM
yanrider

Originally Posted by Simon1
Yes. A waste gate will bolt right on. Usually two small bolts on one side and two on the other.

cool I'll look into that. Also, does anyone have issues with boost leaks between the MAF and the intake? I had tightened all my clamps, was fine for a few rides but now I hear a leak again, and all seems tight? I guess I'll just look deeper
Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 PM
CaliSpecial08Gt
1st Gear Member

Bring that to a shop n take it off the road. Ull burn out your turbo and the wastefste. It's gotta be the tune. Not safe at all
Old 04-30-2009, 12:53 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yanrider
cool I'll look into that. Also, does anyone have issues with boost leaks between the MAF and the intake? I had tightened all my clamps, was fine for a few rides but now I hear a leak again, and all seems tight? I guess I'll just look deeper
You shouldn't be able to hear a leak while standing at the intake since there should be no pressure built if the motor is not under load.

If you have boost creep, it is generally narrowed down to a malfunctioning wastegate, improperly sized wastegate, malfunctioning boost controler.

I have never heard of a tune causing boost creep and can't see how it's possible.

Quick Reply: boost creep with hellion turbo kit need help