Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 16 yr. old kid w/ 05 gt

Thats OK, I knew what you meant.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:44 PM
jchittick
3rd Gear Member

Wow, what was the original question??!!?? Anyway, I would go with CAI and full exhaust to start out with so your engine can breathe.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:46 PM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Hi

Is the whole Mustang community made up of self righteous people who know everthing ?

Or just some of the loud mouthed people who are on here ?

The comments about age are just stupid, relating it to guns is worse.

In a large part of the world 12-16 year old boys are recruited into the military to fight with AK-47s

I was watching Mark Martins son age 13 race full blown trucks on TV, would you guys fancy beating him ? hed kick your *** at age 13. I know youll say its under controlled conditions but skill has little to do with age. Dont mention maturity because i know a lot of mature teenagers that are far more mature in their opinions than some of the people here.

All im saying is dont judge people based on specific factors, just because someones 16 doesnt mean hes immature

Steve

Old 06-06-2005, 04:10 PM
DirtyGt
1st Gear Member

this is true. but at the same time, you may be giving little Martin more credit than he deserves. racing on a track is dangerous. But at the same time, there are millions of variables that come into play on the street that he may not be capable of handling simply because of a lack of experience. I put myself behind the wheel of a '95 5.0 when I was 16. Worked my *** off for that car. I scared myself more times than I care to admit. But I also know that I was really hard on that car. But it was used. I'd be willing to bet that everyone in here did some damage to their 1st car in one way or another. If you didn't seriously wreck you curbed all 4 rims multiple times and/or backed into something (parked car, mailbox, trashcan). Thinking about that beautiful paint in the hands of a 16year old brings tears to my eyes. It's nothing personal. I'm just remembering my own stupidity....

anyway, i think you should wait till your warranty expires. You'll gain a lot of experience with the 300 horses you've got while you're waiting and save your dad some cheeze when you use it. Then start with the Exhaust. Always start with exhaust.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:21 PM
mrbmp
I ♥ Acer

In a large part of the world 12-16 year old boys are recruited into the military to fight with AK-47s
like Iraq ???, Now theres a modern civilization we should model ourselves after.

I was watching Mark Martins son age 13 race full blown trucks on TV, would you guys fancy beating him ? hed kick your *** at age 13. I know youll say its under controlled conditions but skill has little to do with age. Dont mention maturity because i know a lot of mature teenagers that are far more mature in their opinions than some of the people here.
He has been around race cars all his life and probably had years of professional training.
What has the typical 16 year old had?
maybe 2000 miles in moms minivan,with mom or dad beside them, yea that teaches em how to drive a high powered sports car.

Those trucks he is driving has a full roll cage and tubular frame, and many other safety features not found in street cars. No comparison whatsoever.

would you guys fancy beating him ? hed kick your *** at age 13
Who said we wanted to race him ??????????

All im saying is dont judge people based on specific factors, just because someones 16 doesnt mean hes immature
Some kids are good drivers at 16, but statistically most are not. There is no substitute for experience, which most 16 year olds do not have.

BTW My first post was deleted because I told him he didnt need any mods, a GT was too much car for a TYPICAL 16 year old.
If he wasnt typical, he could ignor it.

NO cause for it to be deleted IMO.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:36 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

The one thing 99.9% of 16 year olds have in common is they think they know everything and are especially not interested in what anyone over 30 has to say. You can't really learn to appreciate experience until you have some. Unfortunately most all 16 year olds think they are immortal and "that could never happen to me." Even if they are mature for their age, totally respectful of the beauftful ride they have earned/been given, there is still peer pressure, beer and the all powerful "booty factor" that can make a 16 year old boy do things you know deep down inside are not safe. Maybe all the young drivers on the forum will have their own Mustang angel looking over them. Let's hope so.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:39 PM
nickbrace
2nd Gear Member

Hey 05Blackstang - just wanted to say sorry for all the crazy posts on here, you just asked some simple questions and instead people have continued to judge you throughout these post's and made all kinds of opinions on your abilities as a driver - I personally dont like discrimination in any way and thats why I think its quite possible for you to be a better driver than myself (31)..........I hope this hasnt sent you flying from using this website and I do hope you stick around
Old 06-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Wldstng05
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: welshstar

Hi

Is the whole Mustang community made up of self righteous people who know everthing ?
Well, maybe.

Yep and our 18 y/o men kick their butts - few of the those kids return home. Bad example.

Look, I'm not picking on the kid... if he can handle it - fantastic! I hope he does and 5 - 10 years from now comes back and
says he's still kicking. Stastically - he's fighting an uphill battle, that's all.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:52 PM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Hi,

Those are the 18 year old men who cannot even buy a drink legally for 3 years and according to this forum should not be allowed a mustang for a few more years.

I agree that every teenager will make mistakes, anyone who says they havent is lying !!!

I bet Mrbmp would have loved to seen the world outside Arkansas

Steve

Old 06-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: welshstar

Hi

Or just some of the loud mouthed people who are on here ?

The comments about age are just stupid, relating it to guns is worse.

Steve
Well said. Besides, their is a PM feature & an OFF-TOPIC forum specifically for discussions like these. This is a TECH forum for people looking for technical help concerning their cars. You're opinions on whether or not this member should modify his car or not is NONE of your business, none of your concern and quite frankly pretty damn ignorant.

Maybe if he starts another thread, those of you who firmly believe he shouldn't own this car can simply SKIP OVER or IGNORE his next thread?

Sincerely Your Favorite Mod,
Dan02GT