Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Saleen S/C

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:38 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Saleen S/C

ORIGINAL: Troden

The hood is Steeda. A friend of mine painted it for me. The rims came from mustangtuning.com. Hawgman thanks I will check these guys out. Lone Star suggested I not get one so they are not on my list for installation, I think the other place you are thinking of is Sachse Rod Shop?
No, Sachse Hot Rod is further south and actually off of Sachse Road down by the high school. This place I am talking about is pretty close to the intersection of 78 and 544. I still can't think of the name of the place, but you can't miss it. Chain link fence around it, usually a couple of vetts or some kind of hotrod sitting outside.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:20 PM
Troden
1st Gear Member

Got an email with a tracking number for the S/C today. Will be making an appointment tomorrow for the install. Hope to be running by the 4th! I will keep you posted.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:24 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Sweeeet!!! Can't wait to read the results!!
Old 06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Troden

Got an email with a tracking number for the S/C today. Will be making an appointment tomorrow for the install. Hope to be running by the 4th! I will keep you posted.
Very cool! Who did you decide to go with on the install? Have the quoted you a price or price range, or is it one of those lets see what all it takes kind of deals? Can I have a ride[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 06-22-2005, 01:16 PM
Troden
1st Gear Member

I'm using LG Motorsports in Wylie. Drop it off Monday>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>
Old 06-22-2005, 04:56 PM
showam1
I ♥ Acer

I, like many others here am very interested in this project you have started. Please try to keep all the little nit picky details written down for us to see!
Pictures!

thanks, and good luck.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:39 PM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

Whats the difference from the KBell SC and the Saleen SC? KB sounds very promising with the 2.4, they believe they can get that baby well over 600 unless I read the article wrong.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

with 600hp, wave good bye to the bottom of your motor...
Old 06-22-2005, 08:51 PM
169stang
1st Gear Member

I'm tossing between this S/C and the Zex nitrous system. Either way, I'm holding out a bit until I know I can tune properly for it.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:51 PM
Troden
1st Gear Member

The package arrived today! Looking at the installation book, It says in bold letters on the first page "car must not have any aftermarket mods or tunes for the S/C to work properly" and then goes on to say if any mods were made, the car must be returned to stock prior to installation. Most notably the S/C will not perform with the Steeda UD pulley in place. The mechanic that changed mine did not give my old one back. Anyone install the Saleen S/C with mods in place?

Quick Reply: Saleen S/C