Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So....now what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 07:36 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanMuscle4.6GT
hmmmmmmm...........usually when people get a cai/tune they're thrilled with the performance for a while...........
I have a friend with an 03 Cobra with a Kenne Bell, 60lb. injectors, etc. I made the mistake of riding in it with him one too many times. So now I'm pretty much ruined.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:12 AM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by societymx
I have a friend with an 03 Cobra with a Kenne Bell, 60lb. injectors, etc. I made the mistake of riding in it with him one too many times. So now I'm pretty much ruined.
i know the feeling.... except i hate the sound of a SC, gives me a headache

if you go for pulleys, get an electric water pump instead... More noticible from what i've heard than the UDP and you can keep it if you get blown. Or you could just get both just remember, you'll need a new belt if you get the UDP AND electric water pump
Old 01-11-2009, 11:25 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VaporDude
Get the pullies first. Instant HP and no tune required. If you end up going FI, you can always pull them back off and install your original pullies. I would also go for shortie headers. They give you a nice throatier, deeper sound and does not require a new tune. You may feel a little gain with the headers but not alot. If you are looking for quicker launches, get the 3.73 or 4.10 gears. The 3.73 won't hurt you gas mileage as much as the 4.10's. The 4.10's will get you off the line alot faster than the stock gears.
I hardly noticed a difference when I had my UDP installed...
Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acascianelli
I hardly noticed a difference when I had my UDP installed...
I noticed a difference, not real big difference but I was able to feel it. The engine rev'ed up a little faster and I did notice some power gain. You can find a used set fairly cheap and it would worth that little extra to get them.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:08 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by VaporDude
I noticed a difference, not real big difference but I was able to feel it. The engine rev'ed up a little faster and I did notice some power gain. You can find a used set fairly cheap and it would worth that little extra to get them.
A UDP on a GT500?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:11 AM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by acascianelli
A UDP on a GT500?
No, I had it on my 05 GT when I traded it in on the GT500.

Here is a picture of that GT.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:45 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slowstang06
i know the feeling.... except i hate the sound of a SC, gives me a headache
....a headache? It usually gives me a boner. lol
Old 01-13-2009, 08:25 AM
02TrueBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I don't think the pullies would do a whole lot, but if you do want to go a little crazy, since you have an automatic get a converter, 3000 stall. Would be able to keep driveability on the street as well. That would help you with at least .2 in the 1/4.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:41 AM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 02TrueBlueGT
I don't think the pullies would do a whole lot, but if you do want to go a little crazy, since you have an automatic get a converter, 3000 stall. Would be able to keep driveability on the street as well. That would help you with at least .2 in the 1/4.
So, a stall speed of 3,500 or 3,800 wouldn't be good for an everyday driver? And if not, why? I don't know much about mechanics, but I always thought bigger was better.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Sleep Deprived
2nd Gear Member

I've done all of the bolt ons mentioned, I definetly think gears and a Bama tune should be next for you. An aluminum driveshaft is the next best mod after that (or you could always do cams lol).

Quick Reply: So....now what?