Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

So....now what?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 AM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Default So....now what?

I've installed a C&L CAI and a Diablosport tuner. These are my first performance upgrades. What else can I do to squeeze a few more ponies out of this pony? I eventually want to go nuts with a blower, etc., but I don't want to get too crazy just yet. My car is still under warranty. It's on 07 GT, automatic.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:12 PM
abarker8541
3rd Gear Member

driveshaft, longtubes, cmcv deletes, pullies. you might consider some gears too, no ponies but better acceleration
Old 01-09-2009, 02:53 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

What tune are you running? If you're using the Diablosport tune, I highly recommend getting a tune from Bamachips. Other than that...

Short shifter
Underdrive pullies
CMCV delete plates
Headers
Midpipe
Gears
Old 01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by abarker8541
driveshaft, longtubes, cmcv deletes, pullies. you might consider some gears too, no ponies but better acceleration
CMCV deletes? And I'm in Cali. I don't think I can do long tubes.....can I?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:25 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by societymx
CMCV deletes? And I'm in Cali. I don't think I can do long tubes.....can I?
There are no CARB certified Long tubes, JBL and someone else make CARB shorties, the delete plates you probably could get away with because how is the smog guy going to know they are missing. If your going FI in the future don't get the pulleies because you will not be able to use them with the SC. You could get some 4.10's don't those aren't smog legal either. I worried about the smog legal stuff too, but I eventually got over it, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:39 PM
societymx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sactown
There are no CARB certified Long tubes, JBL and someone else make CARB shorties, the delete plates you probably could get away with because how is the smog guy going to know they are missing. If your going FI in the future don't get the pulleies because you will not be able to use them with the SC. You could get some 4.10's don't those aren't smog legal either. I worried about the smog legal stuff too, but I eventually got over it, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Delete plates? I don't know what this is.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

hmmmmmmm...........usually when people get a cai/tune they're thrilled with the performance for a while...........
Old 01-10-2009, 01:39 AM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

Save up and go straight for the blower!!!!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:45 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Get the pullies first. Instant HP and no tune required. If you end up going FI, you can always pull them back off and install your original pullies. I would also go for shortie headers. They give you a nice throatier, deeper sound and does not require a new tune. You may feel a little gain with the headers but not alot. If you are looking for quicker launches, get the 3.73 or 4.10 gears. The 3.73 won't hurt you gas mileage as much as the 4.10's. The 4.10's will get you off the line alot faster than the stock gears.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:29 PM
will
2nd Gear Member

If your wanting to get off the line quicker gears or my personal fav is to start firming up the suspension and getting rid of wheel hop, making it corner better ect. The factory control arms are flimsy as shyt. This heavy of a car should have had a stronger control arm setup my.02

Quick Reply: So....now what?