Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Forced Induction Guys in here.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 01:17 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Default Forced Induction Guys in here.....

So I have had a long term dream to someday get a build SB and run about 15psi on the street with pump gas and add a 100-150 shot of nitrous for the track.

I have read it is almost impossible to get a street tune that can cover this set up, but it is possible to have a dyno race tune that is specific to the Boost/Nitrous set up.

But I have known about this sneaky pete small nitrous set up for a while and I wonder how it would work for an FI car.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

"NOS Sneeky Pete nitrous oxide systems were designed as true "cheater kits." They will allow a user to obtain that extra tenth of a second without being obvious. They were designed as very compact, simple-to-use nitrous-only injection systems. Note that it will be necessary to jet carburetors a little richer while being "sneeky," because no additional fuel source is used. Kits comes complete with a super slim, easy-to-conceal 10 oz. bottle, a nitrous solenoid, nylon nitrous line, wiring, 9-volt battery holder, and an assortment of jets. (Two required 9-volt batteries not included.) "

I would like to jet it for like a 25 shot.

I wonder if this was set up to inject before the MAF if the computer could compensate with the additional fuel?

It should work to lower the IAT's a fair amount plus a few extra HP. Figure it would be nice to spray in 3rd or something for a few extra MPH.

Any thoughts? Think it would work?

I was thinking if I installed 4.10's and went back to an 8psi pulley with this it might make a nice little street/strip set up.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i see you're not content just being
the boost guru, now you want to be the
N20 guru also!

i can see you've thought this through because
of this idea, i think it's pure genius. if you
could spray into the air filter during WOT,
why wouldn't the PCM compensate (as much
as it could)?

also there's something about the MAF counts that
may come into play, but i really don't know
how that works...

Originally Posted by MustangGT0405

I wonder if this was set up to inject before
the MAF if the computer could compensate
with the additional fuel?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:04 PM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

If I were going to hide an N2O system I would make a fogger setup hidden under the intake manifold and mount the bottle under the rear seat. Unless someone really knew what to look for it would be undetectable.

Earl
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Yeah I agree. I think the MAF with the Whipple HO at 10psi is near its limits but running 8psi should help.

I had thought of this in the past but the post by the guy with the non-intercooled kit got me thinking if it would work alright with that set up. Kind of like a Nitrous intercooler.

Not sure I would want to be the guinea pig but I thought I would throw it out there for the more adventurous folks or people who might not have thought about it.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

We have the same dream....

Hmmm, I don't mind being guinea pig. I really, really want to go 10s on the stock block before I forge.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:40 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Well if you want me to look into it further let me know and I will. I can even help you install it.

I would probably want to try it on the Dyno. Maybe Jay would hook us up with some dyno time so check A/F etc.

I would probably just go in with a tuner and make it richer at WOT at first and lean it out from there.

PM we can discuss more.

Ha you are actually who I had in mind with guinea pig. I knew you were looking for more.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:11 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

hmm.. interesting! 8psi with a 25shot? or even a 50 shot?
Old 01-12-2009, 03:16 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

Yeah the key is to keep the shot low I think so that computer can compensate with the fuel.

I was really thinking the main benefit is the reduced IAT's with a nice byproduct of a few more HP.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM
explict
4th Gear Member

Do you think a 25 shot would compensate for that 2psi lost?

I think it would be totally worth it if you could break even or +/- a couple! But man, it costs $12/lb here for Nitrous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

I would just stay at 10psi with a race tune instead of droping to 8 psi and having a 25 shot. Dont think that 25 shot will really do much anyways.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Guys in here.....