Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo kit???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 05:13 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Default Turbo kit???

Has anyone completed a turbo kit for the 05 GT yet? Could you please direct me to some info on it?
thanks
N2F
Old 06-07-2005, 01:33 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Turbo kit???

Several in development.
These guys were the first ( that I remember ) developing a turbo kit for the 05 GTs
Ultimate Racing

X2C Motorsports has one on their home page that just says "coming soon"

I doubt it will be much longer before these guys come in with something on the market also HP Performance

STS might be another place to check in to. Interesting concept with the rear mounted turbos
STS Turbos

Hellion Power Systems is doing R&D right now on their system.

Always good to keep an eye on Trixter Racing's forums page. I know that Crash has some ties with Ultimate Racing
Got Pressure?

Seems like someone somewhere posted a link about MMR working on a single turbo kit but I can't find the link.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:12 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Hawgman-You are the man....for a moment there I though this forum was all about what will void your warrenty and which is better manual or auto Good to know some of us are interested in other things!
thanks again
N2F
Old 06-07-2005, 02:19 AM
New2Ford
1st Gear Member

Just Checked MMR and they do have a single turbo kit! Its 5,000 which isnt that bad for a turbo kit.Its says it needs a custom chip,do you think they mean tune? I thought the days of custom chips were over???
N2F
Old 06-07-2005, 03:19 AM
welshstar
1st Gear Member

Whats better ?

Supercharger or Turbocharger ?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: New2Ford

Just Checked MMR and they do have a single turbo kit! Its 5,000 which isnt that bad for a turbo kit.
What...you didn't trust me $5k is quite reasonable. The Hellion kit is pretty pricey, BUT if you check it out, the cost is such because of all of the extra it comes with. New suspension and such to make room for the plumbing.

ORIGINAL: New2Ford

Its says it needs a custom chip,do you think they mean tune?I thought the days of custom chips were over???
I certainly hope that is what they mean. You would think that a company such as MMR would not make a slip like that.

ORIGINAL:welshstar
Whats better ?

Supercharger or Turbocharger ?
Not even going to bait me in to that arguement. Plenty to argue on both sides, just like the centrifuge VS twinscrew arguement. It is to the end users own taste.
Personally, in JUST MY OPINION if money were no object I would go with twin turbo, then twin screw, then centrifigual in that order. Once again, that is JUST MY OPINION. I am a torque junky not a dyno queen. I couldn't give a rats pooter what that first number on the dyno is, because it is that second number that wins races.
Go look at ALL of the dyno sheets floating around on the various vendor web sites for superchargers. Look at the horse power and look at the torque. You will see that the centrifigual SCs have a constant rise in HP and not so impressive on the torque. The twin screws jump up at around 3krpm or so on both numbers and level out. Turbos react somewhat similiar to twin screws, except they continue to gain torque. I have a friend of mine that owns a 92LX that has twin turbos. I have a copy of one of his dyno sheets. He is making over 300ft. lbs rwtq at barely 2500rpm. It maxes out at 588 ft.lbs rwtq. So yea, my opinion is kinda bias. Don't get me wrong, if ANY induction kit showed up on my door for free...I would run it.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:45 AM
Eric @ DMS
1st Gear Member

At our "DMS Enthusiast appreciation Day", there was an '05 Mustang with twin turbos from STS. It was sweet! They drove from Utah to attend the event in So Cal!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Hawgman did you notice much difference in power with your under drive pulleys ?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:31 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

That is a trick question. If I spend money on it, I notice it...even if I don't notice it. Get what I am saying. In my mind I know they made a difference whether it was noticable or not

They did show about 6hp on the dyno though.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:34 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: hawgman

They did show about 6hp on the dyno though.
Dam... you should of went with the trunk light mod, instead!!!! Twice the hp gain, man.

Quick Reply: Turbo kit???