Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What to do about ebay spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:54 PM
turbotbirdguy79
1st Gear Member

Angry What to do about ebay spoiler?

First off,it seems that alot of people have had good luck with ebay gt500 spoilers,I wish I could say the same.My wife bought me a SHR honeycomb blackout panel and a gt500 spoiler for christmas.She bought it from carparts123,since the spoiler store was out at the time.When I opend up the box xmas morning,I was p*ssed becausethe paint job really sucked.Orange peel,fish eyes and dirt in the paint.It also had runs in the paint which they tried to wet sand and never even buffed it out after the color sanding so the paint was dull and hazy.I tired to stay happy because she spent alot of money on it so I didnt act dissapointed.I wrote the seller from ebay and explined the situation and he was very nice to solve the problems and insisted to email pics of the flaws,so I did.He wrote me back stating that he could not see anything wrong but understood that they may be difficult to see.He offered to repint it or paint another one and was sending ups to pick it up a few days later,which I thought was great.Well They picked it up and I got my repainted one yesterday.My car is put away for winter so im not in a hurry to get it installed so Ive been patient.When I opened the box and pulled it out,same thing.It was never reprayed,just buffed and now,Ive got little specs where it looks like they took to much clear off and the paint is thin,and still orange peel.I wrote him back and still being very polite and told him Im still not happy at all.He has not wrote me back(which he would always write me back in a matter of minutes before).So I dont know what to do.Bring it to a body shop and have them see how much paint is left and use my PC to buff it out myself?I told him I want a refund (it was over 200.00 since my car is grabber orange and it was extra for that color)or I wanted a freshly painted one.I understand that they do sell alot of spoliers and not everyone can be perfect,but at least not having to do extra work to get it right.I work for ford and wish I would have just got an oem one and had one my buddies spray it,I think a rattle can would have turned out better.So am I just being picky or do all these prepinted spoilers come like this?Thanks in advance.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:32 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

You are not being picky.
I exchanged hood scoops 3 times before
finally going with THR, a site sponsor.
Dirt, fisheyes and buffing then sending
back were the norm for my eBay transaction.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:34 PM
turbotbirdguy79
1st Gear Member

Thanks,That makes me feel better.I will see what he says when he (if) writes back.