Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEW Edelbrock E-Force SUPERCHARGER for 2005 and up stangz!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:46 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mygt500
Welcome to the forum and thanks for the info!. I think this S/C will out do many of the S/C's on the market today and I just want some real world customers to buy first before I pulled the trigger on this system (new model and all and hopefully no bugs to the system-I already have a whipple). Comes from a respected and trustworthy company that has been around for awhile (longer then I have been alive). I cant see how this is NOT the MOST EFFICIENT S/C on the market today. Many naysayers should wait to see what happens when it is fully realized in the market and we can get some feedback from those that buy and install the S/C. At first I thought you were going to SPAM the site and try to sell the S/C system.....but I read the entire thread....LOL...so your safe!
Jason -site moderator
I was waiting for the bullydog twin turbo system to hit the market, that was almost 3 years ago. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another bullydog. This isn't the best time to bring new, expensive items to market.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:52 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Originally Posted by moosestang
I was waiting for the bullydog twin turbo system to hit the market, that was almost 3 years ago. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another bullydog. This isn't the best time to bring new, expensive items to market.
Time will tell that's for sure..... but I am sure this system is coming out and is backed by one of the biggest names in the car world.......JMO
Old 01-22-2009, 06:54 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

If by dissing you mean not blindly praising it based on Edlebrocks advertising specs, then yes I am doing that.

It looks like a rebadged saleen to me and saleen claims more power from the same about of boost. It does come with a new throttle body, which is nice assuming it is better than stock and will hold up.
I was not talking about you. others have flat out said the specs advertised are BS and that it would not last.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:58 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

If by dissing you mean not blindly praising it based on Edlebrocks advertising specs, then yes I am doing that.

It looks like a rebadged saleen to me and saleen claims more power from the same about of boost. It does come with a new throttle body, which is nice assuming it is better than stock and will hold up.
The new Edlebrock is my 1st choice... assuming it performs as advertised. If it doesn't, the Saleen was my next choice. I like the modest HP gains for both systems with the lower boost. I am not going for crazy HP numbers or speed. just looking for a nice bump up from the stock I currently own
Old 01-22-2009, 07:11 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well I have their panhard bar and I can say it's better than the BMR bar. Mostly because the bmr kept shredding bushings, otherwise the bmr seemed better made/stronger.

I think you'll find the throttle body to be the biggest advantage this supercharge will have over the saleen or whipple. For $5800 you can get the saleen 475hp package from brenspeed and it only makes 5lbs of boost. I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Everyone claims their supercharger is the most efficient, it's all BS. No way Edlebrock has tested all the superchargers out there or saleen for that matter, blah!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Well I have their panhard bar and I can say it's better than the BMR bar. Mostly because the bmr kept shredding bushings, otherwise the bmr seemed better made/stronger.

I think you'll find the throttle body to be the biggest advantage this supercharge will have over the saleen or whipple. For $5800 you can get the saleen 475hp package from brenspeed and it only makes 5lbs of boost. I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Everyone claims their supercharger is the most efficient, it's all BS. No way Edlebrock has tested all the superchargers out there or saleen for that matter, blah!
I also like the very understated look of the S/C package they have. Almost stealthy looking at first glance. To each their own right? Your obviously a Whipple guy because that is what has worked for you.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:50 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
I also like the very understated look of the S/C package they have. Almost stealthy looking at first glance. To each their own right? Your obviously a Whipple guy because that is what has worked for you.
I'm not a whipple guy. The whipple came with a $700 fuel system for free when you compared the price of it to the saleen or KB at the time, that's why I bought it.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:03 PM
ASHY2CLASSY

Thinking about the whipple my self, but looking at the 400hp package. The Saleen looks good, but Im not planning on driving with my hood open. How is the H.O. kit working for you with stock internal?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

It looks like a rebadged saleen to me and saleen claims more power from the same about of boost.

Nope.

First, it's a Eaton TVS not twin screw so it's not a rebadged saleen (it looks NOTHING like the saleen either).

Second, this makes a good amount more power than the saleen. If you go on Brenspeeds site and see the base saleen (http://www.brenspeed.com/10-1607-b11313.html), the description says 435 HP at 5 psi. That is with the STOCK air box. Edelbrock claims 466 HP with the stock air box at 5 psi. It'll make more of course with a CAI (95mm). The Brenspeed stage 1 package is the same 5 psi but with a CAI (90mm Steeda) and it makes 470. 4 more HP than the edelbrock which uses the stock airbox. Put the CAI on the Edlebrock and you have a winner.

Obiously this thing is better than the saleen. I don't care what Brenspeed says about it. Of course they're going to ham up the Saleen since they're a speed lab dealer for them. The Saleen is a very nice unit and I still think about it a lot. I like the option of the super shaker or still getting to keep my Steeda CAI I already have.

Last edited by SirKnightTG; 01-22-2009 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:38 PM
blackS197
4th Gear Member

go for the new vortech twincrew.

Quick Reply: NEW Edelbrock E-Force SUPERCHARGER for 2005 and up stangz!