Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

P0135 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit) After Longtubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM
brady_f
2nd Gear Member

Default P0135 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit) After Longtubes

What is this code contributed to...not having one of the sets of O2's hooked up? My OBX Longtubes had only 1 O2 bung on each side and I hooked the lower O2's up to it. Did I do something wrong?
Old 01-25-2009, 12:42 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i'm pretty sure the forward 02 sensors
get hooked up to the long tubes. also
the rear 02 sensors get shut off in the
tune, since they don't get hooked up to
anything.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:24 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

brady,
like hammeron mentioned, you don't use the rear O2 sensors.
You use the front 2 in the header collectors.
You will need O2 extender harness' to reach in thier new location.
You have a tune already, right?
The rear O2 sensors will need to be turned off in the tune & you'll most likely need some delay programmed into the forward O2 circuit, with the sensors located further downstream, they run a little 'colder' than in their original location & can throw a code as well.
I had posted a thread on the OBX's here in Dec 07, see if you can find that thread, also here's 1 a friend of mine had around the same time;
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...ht=OBX+Headers
Old 01-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Just get sure you've got the right sensors in, the one that should had been installed are the greens taking care on not switching sides, the rears are in the back (downstream), they can be removed in the tune (you have a tune, right?).

That specific code refers to the front(upstream)/driver side O2 sensor and problem with the heater, looks like or the wrong sensor is in place, or the cableing has been damaged or they did something wrong with the cable extension or else.

Check if your tuner made a provision for your LT headers, talk to your tuner to get it corrected, because of the new position of them some things have to be changed in the tune to make them work right too.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM
brady_f
2nd Gear Member

Well, I had no idea which ones to hook back up when I installed my longtubes. I figured the rear one's, since they were the proper length and bolted right into the new headers. I guess I will go ahead and order some extensions so that the front ones will be able to reach the rear 02 bung. I already have a Bama tune..
Old 01-25-2009, 10:37 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yeah brady_f, once you get those
hooked up you should be good to go
Old 01-26-2009, 12:02 PM
brady_f
2nd Gear Member

Aircare...i checked out that thread, and also posted in it trying to figure out which 02 extenders were used. Can you cut the wire and splice in an extension, or is it better to buy the harnesses? How long of a harness do I need? Found 12"-36" ones.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:10 PM
modaddict
4th Gear Member

Just an FYI - if they are hooked up correctly but you are still throwing the code - chances are one of them is grounding. This happens by the header heat burning through the plastic and melting the wires.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:21 PM
brady_f
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by modaddict
Just an FYI - if they are hooked up correctly but you are still throwing the code - chances are one of them is grounding. This happens by the header heat burning through the plastic and melting the wires.
So is there any easy solution to solving this? Wrap the wires in some sort of heat resistant shields?
Old 01-26-2009, 05:27 PM
aircare84
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by brady_f
Aircare...i checked out that thread, and also posted in it trying to figure out which 02 extenders were used. Can you cut the wire and splice in an extension, or is it better to buy the harnesses? How long of a harness do I need? Found 12"-36" ones.
brady,
I ended up buying extender harness'. They cost me around 45/50 shipped. I'm quite capable of rewiring my existing harness' but preferred to go the buy-new route instead of taking a chance **cking up my factory harness.
http://www.brenspeed.com/9100-ext.html

I just ty-rapped the harness to secure them away from any header tubes & have had no problems with contacting the headers,burning, etc.

Quick Reply: P0135 (O2 Sensor Heater Circuit) After Longtubes