Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Looking for ~25rwhp

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

You can put some syn grooves in your heads with a file!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:15 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

If that was my car, I think I'd go ahead and do the delete plates, eH2O pump and UDP. I think I'd even try switching over to a GT500 TB. Being that you already have LT headers and a cam, it might actually help a little. You might need a bigger intake though.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:04 AM
99BlackPonyGT
aka 'Negative Nancy'

you can do the port work yourself, just look it up and maybe get someone to help you...practice on a cheap head from something at a junkyard first though...my buddy ported his d3 heads in his garage and is giving me them lol free port work ftw
Old 02-07-2009, 08:46 AM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by acascianelli
If that was my car, I think I'd go ahead and do the delete plates, eH2O pump and UDP. I think I'd even try switching over to a GT500 TB. Being that you already have LT headers and a cam, it might actually help a little. You might need a bigger intake though.
would a bbk tb suffice or are the gt500s a safer bet?
Old 02-07-2009, 02:13 PM
my77stang
6th Gear Member

a 6.8 V10 throttle body can be gotten online from car-part.com (used) for 100 bucks plus shipping. all you need to do is make a small spacer so the blades dont hit the intake and if you have any fabrication skills at all that should be easy.

the short tube headers i got from ebay were only 85 bucks plus shipping, but after i complained that they weren't really stainless steel they credited my 45.00 back. they took a little massaging to get them in, but in the end they were most certainly worth the price. if you have someone that can ceramic coat things locally for a decent price these could work out to be a hellofa steal.

i would think between the above items, and UDP's you should be at the mark your looking for. if not, you should be damn close.
Old 02-08-2009, 03:58 PM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

I feel stupid, what is this eH2O pump???
Old 02-08-2009, 04:03 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yur1279
I feel stupid, what is this eH2O pump???
Electric water pump.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:18 PM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by acascianelli
Electric water pump.
wow, I really feel dumb now.

As I plan on running a similar setup but with a shot of N2O for the track, I woudl def suggest the delete plates/C&L intake and UDP.

How reliable woudl the water pump be with UDP's on a daily driver?
Old 02-09-2009, 06:45 PM
ajaibr
2nd Gear Member

I would definitely do the throttle body and deletes. Those combined with the long tubes will help your engine breathe a bit more and they're both inexpensive mods. I did the BBK TB in about 30 minutes and you don't need a tune for it. Steeda UDP's would be another good adder. Easy as pie to install if you have a 5spd. Don't let the threads of horror stories scare you on needing an impact or removing half your engine compartment to do them. Did mine in under an hour.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ajaibr
I would definitely do the throttle body and deletes. Those combined with the long tubes will help your engine breathe a bit more and they're both inexpensive mods. I did the BBK TB in about 30 minutes and you don't need a tune for it. Steeda UDP's would be another good adder. Easy as pie to install if you have a 5spd. Don't let the threads of horror stories scare you on needing an impact or removing half your engine compartment to do them. Did mine in under an hour.
thanks i did just buy a bbk and should hopefully have it in by the end of the week (read a good write up too)... i was wondering about the UDPs..

since i'd want the eh2o also would i just need the steeda underdrive crank pulley and just forgo the alternator and water pump ones?

I'll just do these one at a time and end with the CMCV plates that way i can save money and get the dyno tune and see where i got to =}

now since my car came with a tb spacer, i know they dont give any benefit (lol yeah nada) would i still get hp numbers with it because if thats the case it stays on =] (idc if its like .00000006rwhp)

Quick Reply: Looking for ~25rwhp