Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ATTN AeroForce Interceptor users.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Default ATTN AeroForce Interceptor users.

I am very interested in getting this gauge to go along with my supercharger install, but two things come to mind.

What boost sender do I use? the ones I see on there page are for GM factory locations, what do you guys recommend?

2nd, where to install it? I like the Dual gauge pods on the pillar, but I wouldn't know what I would want for a second gauge. Anyone know where to get like a basic black housing I mount on top of my steering wheel column?

Thanks for all the help.

-JD
Old 02-07-2009, 02:01 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Delete...

Last edited by BruceH; 11-13-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
JD,
I just put some in a few weeks ago. My suggestion is to go ahead and get the dual set up. There are alot of parameters these things can monitor. Currently I'm looking at boost, fuel rail psi, fuel pump psi, intake air temp.

The boost sensor wires into 5v and ground. A signal wire goes to your gauge. The sensor hooks up to a vacuum line the same as a mechanical gauge.

I'm having some problems calibrating mine. I have to enter slope and intercept numbers. I'm discovering how much altitude, current barometric pressure, and density altitude have on the readings and actual boost. All of this ties into a phenomenon of more boost during cold weather. Due to current weather conditions my current DA is minus 1500 feet which is giving me higher boost readings than the supercharger is supposed to be putting out. The gm 2 bar sensor I'm using is supposed to be accurate to within .3 psi. I wish I had a calibrated air supply to verify the claims.
OP, I def recommend the dual setup, love mine.

That being said, just installed a SC last weekend and the 2 bar map sensor this weekend, but have no idea how to calibrate. I set the slope and intercept to the instructions, but think that is for sea level, and I at about 825 feet above sea level... so what does that mean to me?????
Old 02-14-2009, 08:29 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I have no clue... lol. It would seem to me you should be able to put the car in on so everything has power, but not have it started, then just fool with your settings till you get that to read zero. after all your looking for PSIg not PSI. Wherever your at, whatever your condition, motor off should be 0 on your gauge.

I was considering not even using that GM monitor they sell. was thinking a aftermarket sender like this:
http://prosportgauges.com/electric-boost-sender.aspx

might be easier to tune.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:28 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 12-05-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 10:44 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

I was pretty close for having never read the manual for the gauge or the sensor...
Old 02-15-2009, 10:38 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

do you guys see your vacum on your intake when not under boost, or do you just see zero until you positive? I prefer to see this, becuase just cause your not in your positive boost range, doesnt mean your not getting boost. Its much less accurate to just see Zero untill you go positive
Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

It shows a negative numer, vacuum. I really have to get into a lot of throttle before it goes positive. Full throttle saw as hi as 7, se seems fairly close, as brenspeed told me my supershaker would be 6.5 to 7 or so.
Originally Posted by JDWalton
do you guys see your vacum on your intake when not under boost, or do you just see zero until you positive? I prefer to see this, becuase just cause your not in your positive boost range, doesnt mean your not getting boost. Its much less accurate to just see Zero untill you go positive
Old 02-15-2009, 11:15 AM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

I just picked a dual set up out of a group buy for $360, they are expensive but after looking for a while they are the best bang for your buck. If your interested PM me I'll get you in touch with the guy.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Toy4Bob
3rd Gear Member

That is a pretty decent deal JD, you need to buy LOL.

I was very fortunate, got the dual set used, but unused by the seller for $275.

Quick Reply: ATTN AeroForce Interceptor users.