Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What are good easy bolt on mods for the GT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 04:22 PM
budgy
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What are good easy bolt on mods for the GT?

Thanks for the link hawgman, that helps me out with more than just throttle bodies, those guys carry just about everything a guy would want.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:26 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

No problem. Spend carefully, spend wisely, spend quickly.

In fact, hurry the hell up and buy that throttle body. Dyno pre and post. We need someone to tell us if they are actually worth the money or not.
You done yet? What's the hold up? Geesh... Here we go and make you the official throttle body test car and you haven't even purchased it yet?
Chop chop mister!! We're waiting.....

Seriously, buy that puppy and let us know how it works out!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 PM
flyingt
2nd Gear Member

Does anyone think that they will come out with a bigger throttle body or is this it?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Who's to say.

I just heard that Steeda is going to change the size of their MAF tube to 80mm.
Old 07-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Caipira
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hawgman

So do you have a lead on this GT Vert you are going to just "pick up"? There are about 30,000 people in front of you with ordered vehicles that they have been waiting on for quite a while.
Here in Florida, I literally walked into the dealer not really thinking they'd have one. I walked out the door with my Redfire GT Conv the same day. They had one Redfire, one black and one Sonic Blue on the lot and I bought the Redfire. I'm willing to bet that more Conv make their way to Florida than they do to say ... Ohio.
Old 07-04-2005, 09:27 PM
fragstertx
1st Gear Member

I also discovered that even in the same area, not all dealers are equal. In the Dallas/Ft. Worth area of TX where I live, most dealers are crowed with convertible LX's and maybe one GT that they are seriously marking up ($5k). However, in a suburban area in the south, I found a dealer who not only had 3 GT's, but wasn't marking them up and was even willing to deal. It pays to shop around, even if you're desperate. The other dealers told me they wouldn't be getting any more GT's this year yet the dealer where I got my Screaming Yellow coupe 5-speed said he had just had my car for 2 days and would certainly get more in. Maybe high-volume dealers get preference or something. This same dealer had a Ford GT on the lot so I got to look at my dream car while buying my new car. The dealership owner actually had to come out and back his GT off the covered porch area so they could get the Mustang off for a test drive. Awesome sound.

As for the main question of the post, it appears to me that the Predator tune with a cold-air kit seems to be the easiest and most cost effective money for a performance increase, imho. I'm leaning towards the Predator by itself for now to see if it can both improve gas mileage and perfomance with 87 octane gasoline.
Old 07-13-2005, 03:24 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Yes, you are correct in your assumptions. Ford gives dealer preference to larger dealers in all ordering/delivery situation. Example: Local dealership 1hr out of town can get maybe 1 GT a month. Local chain of dealerships has 18 in stock at any given moment.