Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Someone give me feedback on th sctx3 tuner

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

silver pony
just install the off road pipe yourself
its pretty easy
lift the car and support with jack stands
loosen the two clamps that connect the oem catted h pipe to the intermediate pipes and slide them back onto the intermediate pipes and off of the h pipe
there are 4 bolts (2 per side) that connect the h pipe to the headers, take them off and drop the oem pipe
reverse and install the off road pipe
run the car for about 15 minutes to heat up the pipe and then re tighten the clamps also check for leaks.
good luck and do it yourself, save some cash and give it to me... and have the pride of doing it yourself.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:25 PM
silverpony41
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07musclemustang
silver pony
just install the off road pipe yourself
its pretty easy
lift the car and support with jack stands
loosen the two clamps that connect the oem catted h pipe to the intermediate pipes and slide them back onto the intermediate pipes and off of the h pipe
there are 4 bolts (2 per side) that connect the h pipe to the headers, take them off and drop the oem pipe
reverse and install the off road pipe
run the car for about 15 minutes to heat up the pipe and then re tighten the clamps also check for leaks.
good luck and do it yourself, save some cash and give it to me... and have the pride of doing it yourself.
Thanks for the instructions pretty helpful , but i just got one question. Does there have to be any welding involved? If not than i will go ahead and put it on. My car is a sherrod 500s and it came with magnaflows x chamber exhaust.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

nope no welding needed
I forgot to mention your gonna wanna disconect the o2 sensors from the car first, just unclip them and then take them out of the tube after you have dropped it out of the car.
the oem clamps that connect the h pipe to the intermediate pipe is kinda crappy, you will probably get exhaust leaks from it with an aftermarket x pipe so your gonna wannt probably get a good stainless band clamp, the wide ones that are like 3 inches wide.
but nope no welding needed