Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I need help with a exhaust question?

Old 03-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Supaguy2u

Exclamation I need help with a exhaust question?

Can anybody help me? I have a 05 GT and I want to put a O/R h Pipe on. I already have a SSS Cat back system on that sounds nasty but I really want to open it up. I had a 03 GT before with full exhaust and I put the MIL eliminators on to prevent the check engine light to come on. Now they can't be found anywhere. I found some online that are for the 94-04 but I dont think they will work. I know they are illegal but I live in florida and we dont have e-test here as of yet. I talked to a guy that said I had to get my car tuned to turn them off but he didn't know anybody in my town that did Fords. Anybody have any imput that would help. I got the itch to get that sound I want. Thanks in advance!
Old 03-23-2009, 06:41 PM
glgorman

i think they should work, i found a few sites that say 94-09 so im guess they will work.
I have also found a few sites that tell you how to make your own.

http://atomicinternet.homeip.net/tea...asp?RecordID=8

hope this helps.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:52 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I have the SSS catback w/long tubes & h pipe on my 04 gt. Did you get the loud version or the other one?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Supaguy2u

I think I have the loud one. I put them on about 8 months ago and I can't remember. I know they are pretty loud for just a cat back.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:27 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I've talked to John (the creator of SSS exhaust) many times, and if i'm not mistaken he said the "loud" version with an off road pipe would be very raspy and poppy.

It's just something to consider. You may want to call them first.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Supaguy2u

I think I have the street legal series. I listened to some sound bites and mine isn't as raspy as the off road series.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:12 PM
J-n-R

Just thought I would Chime in.

We offer 4 different kits for the 2005-2009 cars.

First we have a chambered muffler that is a good upgrade from stock.
Secondly we have our Adrenaline Series which is our original muffler design and the most popular one we sell.
Thirdly we have the Terminator series which is a smaller diameter version of the Adrenaline series muffler.
Finally we have the "Muffler Delete" system which has NO muffler at all.

The majority of our customers are very happy with the Adrenaline series which features our 4.5 inch diameter by 9.5 inch long muffler. This muffler has a nice Jekly and Hyde nature to it where it is not obnoxious until you want it to be. The Terminator is more aggressive at 3.5 inch diameter and 9.5 inches long.

My recommendation for most folks is the Adrenaline series unless you really want to be aggressive then go with the Terminator. Our owner has the Terminator kit on his 06 gt which is otherwise stock. It sounds amazing for a stock car.

I hope that information helps some.

John
Old 04-01-2009, 07:41 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i like the SSS axle backs, sounds really good. i commented on 1 of your youtube videos within minutes of you posting it, my youtube SN is the same as here. ;D

OP: get a tuner and turn off your rear O2's. i think the SSS AB will sound great w/ a o/r h pipe.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:25 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by J-n-R
Just thought I would Chime in.

We offer 4 different kits for the 2005-2009 cars.

First we have a chambered muffler that is a good upgrade from stock.
Secondly we have our Adrenaline Series which is our original muffler design and the most popular one we sell.
Thirdly we have the Terminator series which is a smaller diameter version of the Adrenaline series muffler.
Finally we have the "Muffler Delete" system which has NO muffler at all.

The majority of our customers are very happy with the Adrenaline series which features our 4.5 inch diameter by 9.5 inch long muffler. This muffler has a nice Jekly and Hyde nature to it where it is not obnoxious until you want it to be. The Terminator is more aggressive at 3.5 inch diameter and 9.5 inches long.

My recommendation for most folks is the Adrenaline series unless you really want to be aggressive then go with the Terminator. Our owner has the Terminator kit on his 06 gt which is otherwise stock. It sounds amazing for a stock car.

I hope that information helps some.

John
Do you have part numbers and pricing for the Adrenaline series? Also a clip of the sound on a STOCK exhaust system with these mufflers added?
Old 04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
J-n-R

Part numbers are in house, just refer to Terminator or Adrenaline if you order.

We retail for (US)$304.00 plus shipping on both Terminator and Adrenaline kits.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need help with a exhaust question?