Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

American Muscle vs. Brenspeed

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 02:35 PM
mrkevo

Post American Muscle vs. Brenspeed

I'll be getting a Steeda & SCT X3 Intake Tuner Package from Brenspeed or the Steeda Complete Cold Air Intake Kit and SCT SF3 Custom Tuner Combo from American Muscle.

http://www.brenspeed.com/3000steeda1.html
http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005gt...xcal2-kit.html

Anybody have some insight as to which company or product is better to go with? What will be the difference between the SCT X3 Tuner compared to the SCT SF3 Tuner? Brenspeed seems like they are more experienced and knowledgeable because they will customize it based on what has already been modified on my Mustang but American Muscle will give you free tunes for life.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:42 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Go with Brenspeed, you'll get a free tune and it will be much better than a American Muscle tune.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
mrkevo

Thanks Acascianelli. Do you know any differences between the two mentioned Tuners?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:49 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrkevo
Thanks Acascianelli. Do you know any differences between the two mentioned Tuners?
I don't have much experience with SCT tuners yet, but I believe that custom tunes can be loaded on either.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:46 PM
300GT
3rd Gear Member

While I buy lots of things from American Muscle, a tune would not be one of them. American Muscle is not a tune/install shop like Brenspeed. American Muscle is simply a large warehouse. I know - I work about 10 minutes from there and pick up all my orders in person. The tune you get from Brenspeed will be much better than the tune from American Muscle.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:22 PM
mrkevo

Originally Posted by 300GT
While I buy lots of things from American Muscle, a tune would not be one of them. American Muscle is not a tune/install shop like Brenspeed. American Muscle is simply a large warehouse. I know - I work about 10 minutes from there and pick up all my orders in person. The tune you get from Brenspeed will be much better than the tune from American Muscle.
Thanks! Your help is appreciated. Might you have any idea about the differences in the tuners? Are they substantially different or are they just a different year/model of tuner that they released?
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

I dont know the differences in the tuners, but I would also go with brenspeed. I have the Xcal 2 from brenspeed and it is awesome. the power increase was substantial and the throttle response is so much better. I can also datalog up to like 26 different variables with the tuner which allows you to look at 0-60 acceleration times, engine knock, engine temp, and all sorts of things. It is an amazing tool for a pretty small price.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:08 PM
bodyman
2nd Gear Member

I would go with a bama tune package with custom tunes.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:16 PM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

1+ on brenspeed or BAMA......JMO
Old 03-25-2009, 06:27 PM
mrkevo

Alrighty. Thanks everyone. I'm new if you can't tell and I got a GT last week. I'll be goin' with the Brenspeed!

Quick Reply: American Muscle vs. Brenspeed