Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda or Bullitt CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Default Steeda or Bullitt CAI?

Ok..finally pulling the trigger and getting my CAI. I have narrowed it down to either the STEEDA with highflow elbow or the FRPP Bullitt system. For those running either of these...or those with the knowledge... any pros or cons to either of these?

In addition... I am running stock exhaust but would like to add different muffler set to get better deeper sound, but not to obnoxious at highway speeds and NO DRONE!! I thought the bullitt mufflers there as well

I'd like to get it ordered asap before my cash minded brain makes me change my mind.

Thoughts and comments appreciated!!

~Dave
Old 04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
nm3
4th Gear Member

If you want the performance while maintaining an OEM look/fit/finish I'd go with the FRPP Bullitt (I did). If you want more performance (or more potential for additional HP) or the look of an aftermarket CAI, go for the Steeda.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:29 PM
provofam
1st Gear Member

I put my Steeda CAI on about a month ago and I love it. Installation was a snap and Brenspeed was very helpful. I have the SCT Tuner and I'm running their 93 Octane tune. Everything else on the car is stock and I can definitely feel a difference in throttle response and power. I'm sure the Bullitt CAI is a good product as well. Let me know which way you go and how everything comes out. Good luck and congrats on either one!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:31 PM
provofam
1st Gear Member

nm3, beautiful Stang!
Old 04-01-2009, 04:37 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Originally Posted by nm3
If you want the performance while maintaining an OEM look/fit/finish I'd go with the FRPP Bullitt (I did). If you want more performance (or more potential for additional HP) or the look of an aftermarket CAI, go for the Steeda.
Hmm, so the Bullitt system won't provide more or the same power as the STEEDA? I thought a CAI was a CAI. I do like the stock look however... but want the most gains for the money between the two choices.

Last edited by wilkinda; 04-01-2009 at 04:38 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old 04-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by wilkinda
Hmm, so the Bullitt system won't provide more or the same power as the STEEDA? I thought a CAI was a CAI. I do like the stock look however... but want the most gains for the money between the two choices.
No, the bullitt will not give you nearly the gains as other aftermarket CAI's out there.

Doug from Bamachips gave me this information reagarding a similar question I had with regards to the bullitt intake and whether or not he will offer it with an aftermarket tuner.

"No sir, I don't offer that intake because it makes 5-7 less rwhp than any of the others I sell and I do believe in the performance loss as a clear gain over any of the true benefits from it. I can still do tuning and sell
tuners with tunes on them for the intake but I just don't see me offering
any"

That's all I need to hear. Both Doug and Brent (from Brenspeed) know Mustangs inside and out performance-wise.

I too was looking at teh bullitt CAI with an SCT from Brenspeed but now I'm torn again...Ultimate performace vs ultimate looks. The bullitt by far IMHO looks the best but the C&L performs the best...
Old 04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

Looks like i will be getting the STEEDA package then.... now to search out the cheapest price....
Old 04-01-2009, 07:00 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

no other comments or suggestions about these (2) CAI kits? how about the exhaust??
Old 04-01-2009, 11:47 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Had the Steeda on my previous GT and I was happy with the performance and fit/finish. The filter kept sliding off so I had to push it back regularly, but there's a fix for that.

I like the look of the new ford racing intake, and I was very interesting at first, but I'm not sure anymore since it doesn't provide the best performance.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Performance wise, they're both equivalent with the right tune. Purchase based on what suits your eyes and wallet.

Quick Reply: Steeda or Bullitt CAI?