Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Headers going in on Tuesday

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 07:50 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Default Dyno Results from Mac LT and HF cats

Well I was going to do the install myself but I decided to just have them installed at Fordspeed Racing in Largo Fl, They quoted me $300 and some change for the install and $50 for a before and after dyno pull. I'm having Mac 1 3/4 LT installed with pypes mini high flow cats and an x pipe. I'll post the results of the dyno as soon as I get it. Keep in mind I'm N/A and I'll be on stock tune so the results will be alittle less than the potential total gains. After I get My CAI and a new tune I'll get it re-dyno'd and post that as well. And I'm also trying to squash some of the Shorty VS LT battles, So i''ll put up the Mac LT results after the CAI and Tune and if someone with just shorties and a CAI w/tune with high flow cats (trying to keep simular mods) will please post there results as well we would all be able to see where each headers type get the gains and advantages. Not just the peak HP number but I want to see the results through out the RPM range. Most of the Articles I find are on F/I vehicles and you really can't take there results and try to use them for an N/A setup. I'll repost my dyno results on tuesday the 14th.////////////////////

Today is the 15th and I said I would Post my dyno results and here it is. Remember I have not had my car tuned yet, and best part is no engine light. I am running with all four 02 Sensors in and no wrench on the dash yet..

Last edited by 07 GT/CS; 04-15-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:07 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

///BUMP\\\ Dyno Added up top, Original HP 276.90/ TQ 306.48 at the wheels, NOW HP 283.43/TQ 309.40. Not much gain thats true, but no tune yet or CAI for that matter... and the sound is freakin awsome Also I am in florida at about 30 ft or so above sea level so the nubmers are pretty good here for HP/TQ any how. Next up CIA+tune and UDP
Old 04-15-2009, 09:11 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Do you happen to know if you have long tubes and a catted mid pipe you can pass emitions? Because I want to do long tubes next, because i plan on going F/I in the future, but was worried I wouldnt pass emitions in Mass.

Also those numbers arnt bad, and the tune will help you out big time . Sound clips??
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 AM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

congrats man! i actually work in Largo. Fordspeed is an excellent shop, but if you ever want to get any other work done on your car i know another shop in Largo thats a little bit cheaper.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:28 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

I'm not sure about the emitions output. Florida doesn't really track it. But I am running high flow cats made by pypes and they're supposed to be legal (if you overlook that thing about changing working cats), they do supposedly flow almost as well as an offroad setup... But from what I've read on this forum relating to the sniff test is that if your running long tubes you going to be pushing it. Some guys have long tubes and a tune that they just run for inspection day to pass, and then flash it back to there reqular tune of choice. Hope this helps you out some.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:39 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Yes, thanks. Although I though that they didn't do the sniff test anymore, just hooked up to the OBDII port to see if you had 02 sensors and if they were working. Looks like I have some searching to do.

Keep us updated after the Tune + CAI and UDP's.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:56 AM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by S197GT07
Yes, thanks. Although I though that they didn't do the sniff test anymore, just hooked up to the OBDII port to see if you had 02 sensors and if they were working. Looks like I have some searching to do.

Keep us updated after the Tune + CAI and UDP's.

Most of the folks on here worrying about it are from Cali, so look into your local requirements and go from that. Everywhere has there own thing
Old 04-15-2009, 05:23 PM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Congratulations! The dyno graph isn't showing up for me, but I would like to be able to see the curve. Get some sound clips posted ASAP! I wanna hear that beast.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:26 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

I tried getting some sound clips but my digital recorder sucks and makes it sound way off and really bad. So I'll try to borrow a better video recorder that will do the headers some justice. and then I'll gett'em it on here. I'll post with the stock axle backs and again when I get the stingers. Thought about Boomtubes but I don't want it to be to loud...... HMMM or do I???
Old 04-15-2009, 08:40 PM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I really don't think that any type of camcorder will due long tubes justice. I don't even think some youtube vids did my stingers justice, and thats just an axle back! And I'm pretty sure long tubes + Stingers = awesome.

Good luck with getting a good recording

Quick Reply: Headers going in on Tuesday