Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Relearn the new part?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

Default Relearn the new part?

After getting a new throttle body installed due to stalling issues my car has stalled once pulling up to a stop light.Wrench light came on and then went off. My installer says that my computer needs to learn the new part.Well now my car seems under powered and my AFR numbers are a little different.Just a couple of points. This is scary I don't need somebody walking up my tailpipe. Do I need to get my tune adjusted? I have a custom tune from JDM. Any other parts that I should be looking at? How long do these computers need for relearning throttle points? I have no codes coming up on my SCT. Thanks
Old 04-11-2009, 01:39 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Daryl06
After getting a new throttle body installed due to stalling issues my car has stalled once pulling up to a stop light.Wrench light came on and then went off. My installer says that my computer needs to learn the new part.Well now my car seems under powered and my AFR numbers are a little different.Just a couple of points. This is scary I don't need somebody walking up my tailpipe. Do I need to get my tune adjusted? I have a custom tune from JDM. Any other parts that I should be looking at? How long do these computers need for relearning throttle points? I have no codes coming up on my SCT. Thanks
OEM Throttle Body or Aftermarket Throttle Body?
Did the battery get disconnected for at leats 20 minutes?
The installer should have completed the adaptive learning
process for you. Was this replacement done at a Ford
Authorized Dealer Service Department?
The adaptive learning is a process thats spelled out
to you in the OWNERS MANUAL.

Last edited by 157dB; 04-11-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

see below

Last edited by Daryl06; 04-11-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: erased angry words that have nothing to do with motors
Old 04-11-2009, 05:32 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Are you trying to be funny you little *****. I would love to get those answers off you face to face.
Well, your lack of info in your first post kinda left you wide open
to any and all answers.
All funnin aside, the owners manual is chocked full of stuff.
Put it by the morning depository and read while you unload
from the day before.
I would like to meet you 'installer' face to face just to get a look
at whom took you to the cleaners with that TB install.
Stalling issues are not the fault of the TB and you probably
didnt need one in the first place hence the stalling issues still
being there. Maybe a TPS or an Actuator Motor but not a new TB.
Is it you or your installer who is playing the guessing game?
You had a DTC but erased it before writing it down??
"I don't know much about this stuff but my car died a couple
of times just like yours. No warning just gone. I put the SCT
on it and got a TPS code. I erased it to see what would happen.
Stupid of me..."

Last edited by 157dB; 04-11-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:26 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

Are you trying to be funny you little *****. I would love to get those answers off you face to face.
Temper temper. I don't see any problems with what he asked. The only funny thing was your reaction to somebody trying to help. WOW your high strung!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

157db:What happened to your funny comments about teaching me how to open my glove box??? Were those edited by you or the monitors of this site? People making fun of a problem that isn't very funny plus my car stalling in traffic makes me highstrung. The new stock throttle body was installed by the Ford Authorized Service Department after trying new ox sensors,new position sensor and a new actuator motor, numerous checks for vacuum leaks etc. The maf has been cleaned plus new air cleaner. The battery was diconnected for more than 20 minutes. My wrench code light flashed when my motor stalled. Wrench code light did not come back on. No codes came up on the SCT tuner. When this happened before this they traced the tps code back to an oxygen sensor which they replaced.It is the weekend I thought I might alleviate some stress to see if any body else has these problems. I didn't need sarcasm about where to put my key to find my owners manual.By the way my installer/ Ford dealer is footing the bill.But the more things that go wrong with my car the more I want know what is causing the problems.My apologies to the users of this site for my rudeness.I hope you all can have a fun safe cruise this weekend. lol
Old 04-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

1.- There is no adaptive for the throttle body settings in the computer strategy.
2.- Your tuner should had got the tune updated for the new throttle body flow.
3.- There is a setup procedure for the BBK (assuming that is the one you got) for setting the TPS voltage back to its stock position http://www.bbkperformance.com/~bbk/d...le.php?pvk=442

If you still get codes that go away and don't let you get read with the SCT try to find someone that has a generic scan tool or Ford's own that can read freezed frames.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
07 GT/CS
1st Gear Member

157db:What happened to your funny comments about teaching me how to open my glove box??? Were those edited by you or the monitors of this site? People making fun of a problem that isn't very funny plus my car stalling in traffic makes me highstrung. The new stock throttle body was installed by the Ford Authorized Service Department after trying new ox sensors,new position sensor and a new actuator motor, numerous checks for vacuum leaks etc. The maf has been cleaned plus new air cleaner. The battery was diconnected for more than 20 minutes. My wrench code light flashed when my motor stalled. Wrench code light did not come back on. No codes came up on the SCT tuner. When this happened before this they traced the tps code back to an oxygen sensor which they replaced.It is the weekend I thought I might alleviate some stress to see if any body else has these problems. I didn't need sarcasm about where to put my key to find my owners manual.By the way my installer/ Ford dealer is footing the bill.But the more things that go wrong with my car the more I want know what is causing the problems.My apologies to the users of this site for my rudeness.I hope you all can have a fun safe cruise this weekend. lol
I take back my previous statement as I was unable to read the original post by 157DB, Hope you get everything sorted out.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

Thanks Lito I can cross off adaptive learning for the new OEM Throttle Body. The replacement has been set up to match the removed part.The dealer wants my car for three days on Monday. And they are in touch with the tuner. This is all on extended warranty but I still feel bummed out about this.I just would like to go to them with some knowledge of my own.And if I can give them knowledge of someone else having solved this same problem all the better.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:22 AM
Lito
2nd Gear Member

Hope it has a freezed frame saved that can help guide them on what is going on, this a weird failures that take time and patience to fix. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: Relearn the new part?