Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

where is the transmission oil check GT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 02:40 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: where is the transmission oil check GT?

dreem363---Just over 3 bottles. If you like the tight snug working area I guess it could be done with floor jacks. It sure looked a whole lot easier when they had my car in the air. Royal purple is good but man that stuff has a strong smell to it..

Good luck..
Old 09-30-2006, 03:35 PM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: where is the transmission oil check GT?

I'm a Redline Oil fan.

The Manual Trans in new cars use ATF, not gear type oils. I've heard about that before. BMW has been doing for years, I don't know about other cars. I talked to Redline. They said use their D4 ATF in the trans. Do not use the gear oils.

I'm also a Tufoil fan. An additive. The machinest that built my last engine 132k miles ago recomended it. Engine still feels new. I talked to Tufoil, they recomended a 10% mix in the trans. So, that is what I'm running. You get a pump from the autoparts store to get the stuff into the trans. The "Tufoi" is thick, heavy, I wondered how I'd get it in there. I put it in the bottom of my first fill, and by the time I had the trans filled, all the Tufoil had been sent.

Bad part, JUST BEFORE I fininshed this operation my PUMP broke! Had to crawl out, clean up, go get another at the store, and get under again. [:@]

ORIGINAL: dreem363

hey guys i want to add Royal Purple rear end gear oil(transmission fluid) on my '06 manual GT. Is it something that can be done in the garage with floor jacks or do I need a shop to do it?
Anybody know how many bottles I will need?Thanks in advance