Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Baseline Dyno & Rear Gears Scheduled

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 09:42 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default Baseline Dyno & Rear Gears Scheduled

OK... I decided that I needed to get a baseline dyno before I do anymore mods. On Sunday, I plan on putting the stock air inlet and filter box back in the car. On Monday morning, I will take it to JBA Racing here in San Diego and have them do a "stock" baseline dyno pull. [Note: I won't be putting the stock exhaust back on, because I already sold those to Stickman]. After the stock pull, I will re-install the CAI and Predator tune, and get another dyno done. So, I should know what rwhp/tq gains I got from that mod. The dyno will cost me $90.

JBA Racing will also be installing a set of FRPP 4.10 gears for me on July 6. Total cost will be about $620 (parts and labor). I called a couple other places and they were all in the $600 range. I decided to use JBA because of their reputation and Mustang knowledge. I'm really looking forward to the gear change!!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:48 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Baseline Dyno & Rear Gears Scheduled

Oh yea... I asked JBA about a line-loc for the 2005 Stang. Here is what they said:

SLP offers a line-loc that is designed to work with ABS; we installed it on a 2004 Mustang Cobra. The install took about 2.5 hours. The unit goes for $130 to $140 plus freight. According to SLP, they are working on their kit for the 2005 Mustang and should have it in another month or so. It should be similarly priced.

So, the total installed price will probably be in the $375 range. I know I can get the ABS-ready PHP line-loc now, but it's $300 + installation. I can wait a few weeks for the SLP unit to be available.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:02 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Don make sure you post the dyno slip for us it would have been nice to know if there were any difference in exhaust.Take some pics.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:12 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

I have a hard time believing that any axleback system would have much of an effect on hp or tq. All it does is change the muffler at the end of the line. If it made more that 1 or 2 hp difference, I would be surprised (regardless of the claims made by some manufacturers). Now, switching out the cat-back pipes, the cats, or going to headers (especially long tubes) would probably be a different story. I would expect to see some measurable improvement then.

At least the way I'm doing it, I will have very similar atmospheric conditions for the before and after pulls. I couldn't say the same if I waited for days or weeks between the "stock" and "modified" dyno pulls.

I'll try to post a couple pics and charts.
Old 06-25-2005, 02:27 AM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: don_w

I have a hard time believing that any axleback system would have much of an effect on hp or tq. All it does is change the muffler at the end of the line. If it made more that 1 or 2 hp difference, I would be surprised (regardless of the claims made by some manufacturers).
Yeah, tell that to Corsa......10hp[sm=bs.gif]