Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

which supercharger?saleen vs paxton

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:25 AM
07 S197
2nd Gear Member

brenspeed's paxton kit "imo" is one of the best kits to buy
Old 06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
tonkpils555666sas
4th Gear Member

I have a saleen stage 3 from Brenspeed. I love it... its amazing, rides wonderful. It made just enough power for me and got me into the 11's also...

but if you are going with 4.10's, then I would say paxton...

either way you wont be dissappointed, rather more shocked that your car is doing what it will be doing...
Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I nearly bought the Procharger as well because I liked the sloppy sound, but the price I got quoted for the kit vs the power output wasn't worth it to me. IMO the Brenspeed Paxton kit is one of the best for bang-for-the-buck HO packages on the market.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:08 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

As far as twin screw, the whipple is one hundred times better than the saleen
Yep, that sounds like something someone with 38 posts would say. Go back to school son, come back when you get your degree in something other than stupidity.

Last edited by drbobvs; 06-10-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-10-2009, 09:13 PM
slowstang06
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by drbobvs
Yep, that sounds like something someone with 38 posts would say. Go back to school son, come back when you get your degree in something other than stupidity.
haha that made me laugh..

Originally Posted by tonkpils555666sas
I have a saleen stage 3 from Brenspeed. I love it... its amazing, rides wonderful. It made just enough power for me and got me into the 11's also...

but if you are going with 4.10's, then I would say paxton...

either way you wont be dissappointed, rather more shocked that your car is doing what it will be doing...
thanks. so do centris make more power than twinscrews? Like am i understanding this right:
Turbos make the best power per boost
Twinscrews work nicely, provide instant torque power and nice boost
and Centries are in the middle, have a lot of power, but have a linear power band?

I had the feeling that the 4.10s would be a bit much for the saleen...
Old 06-10-2009, 09:43 PM
AKRA
1st Gear Member

I bought the Saleen 475 hp kit and later changed the pulley from a 3.87 inch to the 3.4 inch. This increased my boost from 7 to 9.5 lbs. I also bought the Saleen extreme intake and a tune from JDM. I am very impressed with the results.

Another advantage of the Saleen twin screw is it runs in bypass mode (NA) until you kick it in. This improves gas milage, has less punishment on the bottom end of the motor, and less wear on the supercharger for longer life before bearing failure.

Either way, a supercharger is the way to go.

Best of luck,

Al
Old 06-11-2009, 10:44 AM
dolint95
1st Gear Member

the whipple is better in terms of upgradability. No need to be an a*%hole man. A local performance shop called Redline Motorsports in Rotterdam, NY did a test between the Saleen and Whipple. Like I said if you put more than 15 psi to a Saleen it will start crying that it doesn't want anymore, you would be over working it. A whipple on the other hand will take whatever psi you want to throw at it. Why do you think some of these guys with saleen's from the factory are taking the saleen units off and going to a whipple or even the paxton I have seen!? It's common knowledge, are you sure I'm the one who should go back to school? No need to sh*t talk my friend. Just because I said whipples are better and u have a saleen doesn't mean I said you don't have a good kit, put your diaper back on. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qpdHd_yus
Old 06-11-2009, 11:16 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Talking

Sounds like an internet fight, I'm picking "dbrovs" in the 7th round by tko.
Old 06-11-2009, 11:33 AM
dagamore
2nd Gear Member

dolint95

from the HK plates, i take it the video was shot while in Germany, are you still here? or did you pcs/move back? and if you are here are you going to the BitBurg drags this weekend?
Old 06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

OK fine, show me anyone running a 2.3 whipple with over 14 psi on it on the stock block. I'd bet there are more people out there running over 12 lbs on a stock block saleen than a 2.3 whipple. Just give tuners like JDM a call and ask how many they've got, and also, how many have broken. So by your statement, if the Saleen can run 15psi and the whipple is 100x better it shoud run 1500 psi no problem. If you're going for max power, you're going to go with a larger unit or a centri anyway and you'll rebuild the block. If anyone is running 20 psi on a 2.3 whipple, I have not seen it and I'm sure it's not running efficiently.

Either way, both units are more than capable of exceeding the power limits of our engines and to to say one is 100x better is just showing your ignorance. It has nothing to do with the power adder I have. If you had replaced the word Saleen with Vortech I would have made the same comment. You made an ill informed, cocky, and narrow minded post, just fess up to it.

Oh, BTW here's my 4,000 lb vehicle, stock T/C, with my 100x inferior 10psi Saleen.

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...81142at120.flv

http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...42at119mph.flv

Last edited by drbobvs; 06-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.

Quick Reply: which supercharger?saleen vs paxton