Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Burn outs and line locks??

Old 06-28-2005, 07:34 PM
OhFive GT

Default Burn outs and line locks??

Question for you other burn out fans... i would love to hear about line locks. I understand that these are esentially what will hold the front brakes and let the rear brakes lose. Please correct me if I am mistaken. When I do my burn outs, I just drop the clutch, floor the gas and hold the break down. I know this must be doing some harm to the rear breaks, but its all i knew of doing the burn outs prior to hearing about the line locks.

For those who have this on their cars, what does it take? Is this an electrical piece or mechanical? Where can we find these and what are the relative costs?? Also any installation info would be appreciated. I really appreciate your input.

Alfred
Old 06-28-2005, 08:24 PM
RICVA05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Burn outs and line locks??

https://mustangforums.com/m_568069/m.../tm.htm#568069
Old 06-28-2005, 08:40 PM
169stang
1st Gear Member

I know this has been all over, but I just have to do it.
Posting and you

To make it easy on you, they are a pair of electrical solenoids that are actuated by a button you depress. You step on the brake, press the button and let off the brake. The button closes the solenoid, retaining the brake fluid pressure in the front brake lines. When you let go, it's like letting the brake pedal go. The 05 requires two solenoids. I'm not sure of any other kits that will work with ABS other than Paul's HP set. They are simple to install. The worst is bleeding the brake system, which I hate to do!
Old 06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
2Stangs
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 169stang

I know this has been all over, but I just have to do it.
Posting and you
Thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:04 AM
OhFive GT

thanks for the info Ric..

Alfred
Old 06-30-2005, 02:02 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 169stang

To make it easy on you, they are a pair of electrical solenoids that are actuated by a button you depress. You step on the brake, press the button and let off the brake. The button closes the solenoid, retaining the brake fluid pressure in the front brake lines. When you let go, it's like letting the brake pedal go. The 05 requires two solenoids. I'm not sure of any other kits that will work with ABS other than Paul's HP set. They are simple to install. The worst is bleeding the brake system, which I hate to do!
I got this info from JBA Racing last week, FWIW...

"SLP offers a line-loc that is designed to work with ABS; we installed it on a 2004 Mustang Cobra. The install took about 2.5 hours. The unit goes for $130 to $140 plus freight. According to SLP, they are working on their kit for the 2005 Mustang and should have it in another month or so. It should be similarly priced."

That would be about 1/2 the price of the PHP kit... I plan on waiting a bit to see what comes of it.
Old 06-30-2005, 03:27 PM
NCMustangMan
2nd Gear Member

Doesn't look to me like you need any further burn-out assistance don_w...
Old 07-01-2005, 12:23 PM
OhFive GT

Great Info Don, keep us posted if and when you hear it has been released for purchase.

Thanks!!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:17 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: NCMustangMan

Doesn't look to me like you need any further burn-out assistance don_w...
The line-lock will eliminate the stress on the rear brakes during the burnout, and make the burnout process a whole lot easier (especially with an auto trans).

ORIGINAL: OhFive GT

Great Info Don, keep us posted if and when you hear it has been released for purchase.

Thanks!!
Like everyone else here, I'll continue to share any new tidbits of knowledge. That's why I like this place... we can all learn from each other!!!
Old 07-02-2005, 08:49 PM
Eric @ DMS
1st Gear Member

We are working on our '05 Line locks as well. The units are done, just need to get the pre-bent lines spec'd out. We'll be testing it on our Project '05 GT...figure another month or so. I'll keep the forums updated

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Burn outs and line locks??