Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Trickflow Differential covers

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 01:58 AM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pale Horse
I realize that, my jeep has a ford 8.8 in it..... I want to know if it will fit clearence issues..
Originally Posted by One Bad Stang
i dont see why not. but you will probably need the BMR panhard bar relocation bracket for clearance issues.
like i said, you need to relocate the panhard bar with a bracket BMR sells.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 AM
Pale Horse
1st Gear Member

like i said, you need to relocate the panhard bar with a bracket BMR sells.
Thanks man, I will check that bracket out. Are there any ill effects caused by moving the panhard bar? Also are there any real benefits to replacing the panhard bar?
Old 06-26-2009, 11:09 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pale Horse
Thanks man, I will check that bracket out. Are there any ill effects caused by moving the panhard bar? Also are there any real benefits to replacing the panhard bar?

the relocation bracket does not affect suspension geometry, so there will be no changes, good or bad. (other than the benefit of clearing the diff cover)

the benefits of replacing the panhard bar come from 2 things; 1)the bushings are stiffer, therefore allowing less lateral movement of the rear axle. you can also get spherical rod ends on them, but they're not recomended for street cars if your picky about noise. and 2)if you so choose, you can get an adjustable panhard bar that allows you to "center" the rear axle after lowering the car. these are typically more $ but they are defenatly worth it.

i would recomend an adjustable panhard bar with poly-urithane bushings for you. bmr sells a nice piece that is adjustable on the car so you done need to drop one end out to adjust it.
Old 06-29-2009, 03:52 AM
Pale Horse
1st Gear Member

the relocation bracket does not affect suspension geometry, so there will be no changes, good or bad. (other than the benefit of clearing the diff cover)

the benefits of replacing the panhard bar come from 2 things; 1)the bushings are stiffer, therefore allowing less lateral movement of the rear axle. you can also get spherical rod ends on them, but they're not recomended for street cars if your picky about noise. and 2)if you so choose, you can get an adjustable panhard bar that allows you to "center" the rear axle after lowering the car. these are typically more $ but they are defenatly worth it.

i would recomend an adjustable panhard bar with poly-urithane bushings for you. bmr sells a nice piece that is adjustable on the car so you done need to drop one end out to adjust it.
Thanks a lot for the info!!! Very informative! Only thing is I doubt I do any lowering just for the simple fact of the approach angle needed to start up my driveway. My buddy has a stock height stang with 4" tips and they drag going up my driveway. My 3.5" tips on my loudmouths barely clear. So if I am not lowering there shouldnt be any reason for an adjustabe bar correct?
Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 PM
One Bad Stang
4th Gear Member

correct. but if you think that maybe you will lower it eventually, you should get the adjustable one so you dont have to buy 2.