Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:22 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

damn, that's pretty awesome.

(-:

is it safe to be running such high boost for a daily driver/weekend warrior(stock motor)??

I REALLY like this kit!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:29 AM
timfoster405

OK...this car is freak'n fast. I went from maybe 250 rwhp sluggish factory tune auto, 100% stock... to a monster...scary fast... and I left Tillman's with the 3.50 pulley on... I want to make sure I get the driving thing down first before I go with the 475 rwhp at 11.50 psi....

I am very happy with the car...funny thing is... for 19 years... I have been playing around with mustangs... bit by bit adding this and that to the cars to enhance their performance... always thinking "what next?"

but now, I just went all out with ONE very important mod (blower) and there's nothing more to do to the car...

Headers...long tubes... for what 10 rwhp? for $1,500 installed? X-pipe w/ high-flow cats...$500? for how much rwhp... 5? don't need a t-body... don't need more ribs (wider belt)... or a beefier tensioner... or fuel system... relocated IAT sensor... in fact the E-force provided IAT sensor is actually two sensors... IAT and a 2 bar MAP, which I have wired into my aeroforce interceptor to monitor (electronically) boost along with my mechanical boost gauge.... Wait... there's more... using the high flow CAI from Edelbrock... don't anything there also... 90 lb/min MAF... good for 700+ rwhp...

The Tillman Eforce kit is COMPLETE!!

The engine most likely can't take any more hp, so I really got no where to go except forged internals...

Secondly, going with 3.73's wont help... 1st gear is useless as it stands w/ 3.31's... and with the 3.50 pulley, second just barely hooks now. With the 3.25 pulley, 2nd will most likely become useless at WOT.

Talking to Rob Simons, the eng/designer of the eforce, he recommends a mild set of blower cams that will enhance top end flow... and slightly reduce the boost increase and INCREASING FLOW to the engine. (sort of like unbending a straw as you drink something, the pressure is reduced before the kink and the flow increases)

Data logging on my aeroforce I see about 7 psi at 3000 rpms... 9 psi at 6000 rpms... and I saw a blip to 10 psi at 6500 rpms right before it shifted into 3rd. basically 7-9.5 psi as Chris mentioned.

Sorry to ramble on... still somewhat giddy about the car...my total investment is:

$21,650 - 07 GT w/ 8k miles (nothing like letting someone else pay for the depreciation)
~$1,200 MD state sales tax (bastards)
~$6,XXX Blower installed/tuned (cut me some slack on a "used" blower)
~$1,100 3 gauges/pillar installed (Cobalt WB and boost, and aeroforce)
$284 - SSS mufflers shipped (seem to be Borla knock-offs, but sound and look good)

Total investment - ~$31,000 for a 550 hp car w/ heated/leather seats, good handling, decent gas mileage (average 24 mpg driving home from tillmans) and killer stereo...This is far cry from the level of quality from the good ol' 5.0L days...(of which I have found memories of crushing the camaros & trans ams... and running neck & neck with the Grand Nationals...)

(happy as a clam)

Last edited by timfoster405; 06-20-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:06 AM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by timfoster405
OK...this car is freak'n fast...
The engine most likely can't take any more hp, so I really got no where to go except forged internals...

...going with 3.73's wont help... 1st gear is useless as it stands w/ 3.31's... and with the 3.50 pulley, second just barely hooks now. With the 3.25 pulley, 2nd will most likely become useless at WOT.
(happy as a clam)
Congrats! I'm jealous... but it sounds like a difficult car to drive on the street. It reminds me of trying to drive with summer tires on a cold winter day in my car. A little too much gas and it was sideways. I don't know if I could live with that kind of sensitivity... kind of like driving on black ice.

But I'm sure you will get used to it. Sounds like you have a good plan for learning how to handle it though. Take it easy and good luck with it.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:30 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

damn dude, that sounds friggin' ridiculous.. I am pretty sure I know which SC set up I am getting. What size tires do you have? Ever consider some fat ol, 295/45/17s and some UCA/LCAs??

that should really help you hook!

Some awesome numbers with just the blower, simply crazy if you ask me...
Old 07-03-2009, 10:36 AM
rm9792
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by wingman75
Congrats! I'm jealous... but it sounds like a difficult car to drive on the street. It reminds me of trying to drive with summer tires on a cold winter day in my car. A little too much gas and it was sideways. I don't know if I could live with that kind of sensitivity... kind of like driving on black ice.

But I'm sure you will get used to it. Sounds like you have a good plan for learning how to handle it though. Take it easy and good luck with it.
It drives completely normal on the street. Mine is at 424 rwhp and unless I floor it there isnt any real control issues. you can feel it lurking in the background though. I barely chirp second but wide nitto 555's in 100 degree texas heat makes for a sticky combo. The roads literally shine from the heat softening them.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:46 PM
rm9792
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rm9792
It drives completely normal on the street. Mine is at 424 rwhp and unless I floor it there isnt any real control issues. you can feel it lurking in the background though. I barely chirp second but wide nitto 555's in 100 degree texas heat makes for a sticky combo. The roads literally shine from the heat softening them.
I stand corrected on my previous post. I dont know what changed but second is a monster now too. Would barely chirp before, now it squeals halfway to third.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:55 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

does 440rwtq wont break the engine when kick down? btw, what is the limit rwtq for the 05+ auto mustang gt?
Old 11-07-2009, 06:06 PM
MustangRacing4.6ltr
Kenmore Fan

i personally am gonna go procharger , but 475 for and auto is really good output!!!!!!damn!!! any supporting mods or is it just the edelbrock?
Old 11-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Scord

Nice numbers man, Congrats on the low investment and high output, Ive personaly put 40k into my car, But i keep changing my mind from going Show quaility vs Race ready. Kinda have both now... just need the supercharger, My 4.10's and 450RWTQ might be a fun combo off the line with some Drag Radials, Thanks for the informative post
Old 11-10-2009, 05:30 PM
raywang5
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timfoster405
OK...this car is freak'n fast. I went from maybe 250 rwhp sluggish factory tune auto, 100% stock... to a monster...scary fast... and I left Tillman's with the 3.50 pulley on... I want to make sure I get the driving thing down first before I go with the 475 rwhp at 11.50 psi....

I am very happy with the car...funny thing is... for 19 years... I have been playing around with mustangs... bit by bit adding this and that to the cars to enhance their performance... always thinking "what next?"

but now, I just went all out with ONE very important mod (blower) and there's nothing more to do to the car...

Headers...long tubes... for what 10 rwhp? for $1,500 installed? X-pipe w/ high-flow cats...$500? for how much rwhp... 5? don't need a t-body... don't need more ribs (wider belt)... or a beefier tensioner... or fuel system... relocated IAT sensor... in fact the E-force provided IAT sensor is actually two sensors... IAT and a 2 bar MAP, which I have wired into my aeroforce interceptor to monitor (electronically) boost along with my mechanical boost gauge.... Wait... there's more... using the high flow CAI from Edelbrock... don't anything there also... 90 lb/min MAF... good for 700+ rwhp...

The Tillman Eforce kit is COMPLETE!!

Secondly, going with 3.73's wont help... 1st gear is useless as it stands w/ 3.31's... and with the 3.50 pulley, second just barely hooks now. With the 3.25 pulley, 2nd will most likely become useless at WOT.

Talking to Rob Simons, the eng/designer of the eforce, he recommends a mild set of blower cams that will enhance top end flow... and slightly reduce the boost increase and INCREASING FLOW to the engine. (sort of like unbending a straw as you drink something, the pressure is reduced before the kink and the flow increases)

Data logging on my aeroforce I see about 7 psi at 3000 rpms... 9 psi at 6000 rpms... and I saw a blip to 10 psi at 6500 rpms right before it shifted into 3rd. basically 7-9.5 psi as Chris mentioned.

Sorry to ramble on... still somewhat giddy about the car...my total investment is:

$21,650 - 07 GT w/ 8k miles (nothing like letting someone else pay for the depreciation)
~$1,200 MD state sales tax (bastards)
~$6,XXX Blower installed/tuned (cut me some slack on a "used" blower)
~$1,100 3 gauges/pillar installed (Cobalt WB and boost, and aeroforce)
$284 - SSS mufflers shipped (seem to be Borla knock-offs, but sound and look good)

Total investment - ~$31,000 for a 550 hp car w/ heated/leather seats, good handling, decent gas mileage (average 24 mpg driving home from tillmans) and killer stereo...This is far cry from the level of quality from the good ol' 5.0L days...(of which I have found memories of crushing the camaros & trans ams... and running neck & neck with the Grand Nationals...)

(happy as a clam)
does 440rwtq wont break the engine when kick down?(just for fun, not all the time) btw, what is the limit rwtq for the 05+ auto mustang gt, mine is 09 auto gt.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force - Installed on Stock 07 GT Automatic - 475 rwhp SAE !!