Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally Test Drove a GT!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 08:01 PM
budgy
1st Gear Member

Default Finally Test Drove a GT!!

One of the dealerships in town finally got a GT in for me too test drive unfortunately it was an automatic, but it was still a hell of a lot of fun! I am actually quite shocked at how well the operation felt on the automatic tranny, very smooth. Interior build quality was defenitely great for a car in the price range, my only gripes were that the plastic on the sides of the console itself were a little bit cheap in comparison to the rest of the interior plastic, and the e-brake itself looks a little bit cheap, but I guess thats why you can buy new e-brake handles and boots for it

Engine had very great response, got too 100km/h in a flash and the stock exhuast has a real nice growl too it. Even though the car is quite heavy in nature it doesnt really drive like a 3500lb car, although I am willing to bet the car would feel much more responsive to turn in if you got some lighter wheels and sticky rubber, maybe some suspension modifications and this car would actually be quite the turner, its already got a good weight distribution.

The best part of the whole experience though would have to be all the looks that I got in that car, within 10 minutes of driving I caught probably over 25 people staring at the car I also like being in a car that you dont feel like you would have to downshift just to go fast, granted this was the auto, but even if you gave the car light throttle at cruising speeds and the tranny didnt shift down for you it would accelerate smoothly. I know lots of people have their gripes over the electric throttle body, my Mazda 3 has one too, but the lag in the mustang doesnt seem as bad, I really enjoyed my brief time with the car and its just made me even more excited to get one. Now I just need to figure out if I will wait till Sept, or till next spring to get the car, im not sure I wanna put it through a winter right away