Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Question about emissions/02s off/MIL elimins

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 09:33 PM
sweetlou69
2nd Gear Member

Default Question about emissions/02s off/MIL elimins

so i live in MA where emissions is killing me right now. I have a prochamber with hi flo cats on them. I have a customer tune with the o2s turned off. I went for inspection and failed due to the incomplete test on the emissions. There is no CEL light being thrown, its just nothing is registering. Now i was wondering without having to get ahold of a stock h Pipe would a set of MIL elimins work? I could plug those in my o2s and turn the o2s on and it should pass inspection and not throw a code?? is that something doable or am i going to need a stock H on there?
Old 06-23-2009, 05:14 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

Your failing cause your rear O2's are turned off. Get a tune with the O2's turned on then see if the cats your currently using will throw a CEL or not. If not then you'll pass if you get a CEL then you'll need the MIL eliminators or you could do this.

http://www.brenspeed.com/730-2442.html
Old 06-23-2009, 05:37 PM
sweetlou69
2nd Gear Member

ya i have 2 diff tunes, 1 with o2s on and 1 with o2s off. Thing is even with the hi flows i have it throw a CEL right away with the o2s on. So i tried with the o2s off justto see if they would just check for a CEL. But they ran all the tests and they were incomplete.. soooo i was wondering if i could turn on the o2s, put on those MIL elimns and be able to pass the tests without throwing a CEL? or am i gunna need a stock H for the test?
Old 06-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Darren05
1st Gear Member

Contact brenspeed and see what they say. make sure you are driving your car around for a day or so after you load a tune on your car before you go back to have the inspection done otherwise it will keep showing an incomplete. I do not remember what the mileage is that you have to drive around before the computer will pass the inspection after you change your tune. It is the same if you disconnect your battery. If you do that and then try to pass inspection it will not pass, something with the computer. If all fails, put your stock program back on your car to pass the inspection, if all you have done is the cold air intake it will be fine. That is what I did the first time I had to get an inspection, and I had a high flow cat H-pipe on mine at that time.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:28 PM
sweetlou69
2nd Gear Member

well if i go with the stock tune, the o2s will be on and the hi flows throw a code within a day of driivng. Sothe tune is kinda outta the question. I was just more curious about the MILS or those non-foulers from BS
Old 06-23-2009, 09:37 PM
stang910
2nd Gear Member

to answer you question yes MIL eliminators will fix your problem, but you do have to have the rear O2's turned on. Good luck finding MIL eliminators though. The non-foulers are from brenspeed and they do work.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
fordchuck
1st Gear Member

Run anti-foulers and turn on the secondary sensors reading. You shouldn't trigger a mil since the anti-foulers are a mechanical fix to the exhaust work and the testing facility won't detect any tampering to the on-board diagnostics.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:21 AM
sweetlou69
2nd Gear Member

So i just got the non foulers in this weekend. I should turn my o2s back on and drive it around for a week or so? then give the OBD2 a shot?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:41 PM
fordchuck
1st Gear Member

Check what the drive cycle is to be sure, buy a week of driving should cover what is needed. The anti-foulers should pull the sensors far enough from the exhaust stream to prevent the mil code from coming on. Turning the rear sensor reading on will satisfy the inspection criteria.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
sweetlou69
2nd Gear Member

the main test is the cat check. will that pass even if the hi flows throw a cel? or will the foulers do the trick on that and detect the cat and give me a reading thats cool

Quick Reply: Question about emissions/02s off/MIL elimins