Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MAC GT Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 04:46 PM
spe88

Default MAC GT Mufflers

Received my MAC GT Mufflers today from Brenspeed. Ordered them on Sunday and got them on Tuesday, extremely fast shipping. When installing the mufflers, the passenger side didn't exactly fit right. Ended up having to take it to a muffler shop so they could heat and bend the hanger and they had to bend the inlet pipe on the muffler to get it to mount straight. I also noticed that the MAC logos stamped on the end of the polished mufflers are upside down. They sound great and I am glad to have them. I just think that quality control is a little lax at the factory.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:14 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad it worked out in the end, sorry that
QC was asleep at the wheel
Old 07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

My stamping is weird on my MAC's as well. I still havent gotten my drivers side right yet. I think the midpipe is loose or something. Something rattles when I go WOT in 1st or 2nd, and the drivers side muffler wont stay adjusted correctly. Anywho, I got off on a rant didnt I. Congrats on joining the MAC club!
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 PM
spe88

I got that rattle too, I even crawled under the car and checked the mid pipe and the muffler clamps. Maybe it's the baffles rattling against the muffler housing.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:21 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

I have been down the road with MACs, first off take the clamps out and throw them in the garbage, go get some U-bolt clamps from hardware store, secondly the driver exhaust pipe is about 1/2 inch longer than passenger, so I used a grinder to make it match-up with passenger side as the curve of the MAC muffler will only let you put the muffler on so far and it will stick our further than passenger side, grrrrrr

Finally u need to drill out the brackets and push them back towards front of the car, the hangers on the mufflers are too far up on the muffler so when they heat up they will rub up against brackets and make a terrible noise, so after a while I said f*ck it and and sold the MACs and got some Borlas for cheap, the sound of the MACs is great but the problems installing and making them look good coupled with drone was too much.

good luck !!! LOL
Old 09-09-2009, 03:22 AM
cobra443
4th Gear Member

I just got some Mac's installed. Hopefully since they were installed with the LT's and mid-pipe that they line up good. I am sure Brenspeed will make sure of it.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:44 PM
matt12v

When I installed my Mac's the drivers side muffler refused to line up with the passenger side. at first I was really PO'ed. To this day after fighting with it and adjusting it over 4 times I still don't think its perfect. Its dam near close.

I have heard every muffler on the market there is on the 3V and the mac's are hands down the best sound you can get! I dont care if I had to mount my muffler bass ackwards I love the sound of the mac's it is tuned to what a muscle car is supposed to sound like, music to my ears drone and everything. I have gotten countless compliments from friends and co workers on the sound. I fell in love with the V8 all over again after I heard these pipes! Quality be damned! Find me another muff that sounds better please.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:21 PM
projectbrembo
2nd Gear Member

Ive got MACs on my 07 GT and I say they are the best sounding out there. It's a challenge to get these aligned but its worth it.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:15 AM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

If they axle-backs aren't lining up right all you have to do is mess with the mid pipes a little bit.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:29 PM
genericusername

love my macs

Quick Reply: MAC GT Mufflers