Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

a little lift?

Old 07-01-2009, 12:13 PM
mikemrq

Default a little lift?

I have the Cervini C series kit on my 06 Mustang GT. Is there any way to lift the front of the car? At times the front scrapes when pulling into driveways. If I can only get the front up just a little. I bought the twist in coil spring boosters, but will not work because the car has struts and the springs have too much gap to install the boosters. Any ideas here?
Old 07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Black_N_Blown
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikemrq
I have the Cervini C series kit on my 06 Mustang GT. Is there any way to lift the front of the car? At times the front scrapes when pulling into driveways. If I can only get the front up just a little. I bought the twist in coil spring boosters, but will not work because the car has struts and the springs have too much gap to install the boosters. Any ideas here?
I think your best bet would be coilovers. I have tein type Flex coil overs and you can change the hight a lot. I dont know how much higher you can go with them, but these coilovers have two hight ajustments on them so there worth a try

Just my 2 cents tho
Old 07-01-2009, 07:57 PM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

If you use the Roush springs to lower only the rear, it will effectively raise the front end just a bit. I did that and it seemed to alleviate most issues. The biggest issue I had (even before springs) was the exhaust clamps hitting, but they may have fixed that in later kits.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:34 PM
lespah80
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black_N_Blown
I think your best bet would be coilovers. I have tein type Flex coil overs and you can change the hight a lot. I dont know how much higher you can go with them, but these coilovers have two hight ajustments on them so there worth a try

Just my 2 cents tho
Agreed Id do coilovers if you have the cash
Old 07-02-2009, 08:41 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Roush or coilovers
Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

Are you already lowered? Most of the coilover kits I have seen lower the car even at their highest setting. If you have the money, your best bet may be bags up front to raise it slightly when you need to.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:24 AM
mustangtestuser
2nd Gear Member

What about a slightly taller tire? That would get the car off the ground easily another 1/2 inch. Then, use a tuner to correct the speedometer.

What's the largest diameter that will fit without rubbing?

Last edited by mustangtestuser; 07-03-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-05-2009, 12:38 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Wish I could help...running stock springs now and might drop the back with the roush rears. I had them and sold them and now I want them again (after new taller tires though)
Old 07-05-2009, 12:45 AM
jahudso2
4th Gear Member

Like said above, taller tires would be my choice. They would probably be the cheapest option as coilovers are expensive.
Old 07-05-2009, 09:01 AM
one eyed willy
5th Gear Member

you could try putting some hose on the springs where they sit in the perch,would raise the car maybe 1/2" if you did top and bottom,cost you next to nothing except for time.

mine scrapes every where i go,i just hit everything at a angle and usually wont scrape. i have eibach pro kit with a very low lip.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a little lift?