2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror? - Page 3 - MustangForums.com

Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2010 GT Comfort Package Mirror?

Old 11-09-2009, 03:57 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

I wish we had Homelink...
Old 11-09-2009, 04:13 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Hoofprint View Post
The other thing I noticed is that the mirror has the homelink system for garage door openners...this would be nice.

On a side note, I picked up my car today from the service department and stopped and spoke with my Sales guy and the Sales manager regarding the mirror issue...they confirmed it should be the other mirror. They went out to a car on the lot and it didnt have it either. They are going to reach out to Ford on Monday and see what the story is and then give me a call...I'll post the response that I hear
DO NOT LISTEN to the sales "team" on your lot. 90 percent of the time they don't know what the hell they're talking about. In EVERY experience I've had with them, they haven't know CRAP about what does / does not fit the Mustang.

I'd be willing to bet that if you did install that other mirror your Sync wouldn't work properly, unless that mirror also has the microphone tabs in it.

I'm so surprised at how little the guys at my Ford Dealership know about these cars. It kinda makes me sick.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:47 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda View Post
I wish we had Homelink...
Hey wilkinda, did u see the write up on putting it in yourself? Looks easy enough, and I see some black ones on ebay every now and then. I prob will install one some day. Just isn't a must have right now.

Yes one installed from the factory would of been nice. Ford was slacking on that idea I guess. They should be standard equip.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:03 PM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Consider yourself lucky gents that all you got screwed out of was a mirror. If you havent heard yet about the Bullitts, when they ran out of the stiff suspension components, rather then halting production on Bullitts, alot of them got regular GT suspensions.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Can you please post a link to this install. I only added the comfort pkg for homelink. Boo.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:03 PM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

I'm wondering if this could have been models produced later in 2009, mine was on lot in March, I picked up early April has back up cam in mirror, it has sync and auto dimming, compass in the stereo, so i figure long as has a compass, auto dim, all the stuff for sync and now just got a thing in mail for 3 year free turn by turn directions, I'm good.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

found it. Here it is. pretty cool!

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...r-install.html
Old 11-09-2009, 07:51 PM
itsokimapilot
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lv XLR8N View Post
Awesome thanks XLR8N!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 PM
douglasland
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by TrickyRic View Post
Unfortunately there is no Homelink in the 2010.
What is it 2010? How many homes have automatic garage door openers? It's getting more and more embarrassing when a car is missing Bluetooth. Why can't FORD but a stupid garage door opener in the Mustang? The NAV unit can talk to space but don't expect it to open the garage door.

I am really stumped at this if what you say is true.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:31 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordEngineer View Post
I think it might actually be an error on the website, as the heated seat buttons shown are from some other vehicle as well (that's not the Mustang bezel or layout). The compass readout should either be in the message center (bottom of the tach) or on the radio display. Be careful--if you swap out the mirror, you may lose SYNC (the microphone is the 2 little squares on the bottom of the mirror) The standard mirror also does electrochromatic dimming to the best of my knowledge. My vehicle has the comfort package as well, and the compass is not in the mirror, nor are the HomeLink buttons on the bottom of it (I believe the mirror pictured is the one listed on fordaccessoriesstore.com as an aftermarket add-on for non-SYNC vehicles). Why they show it on the website is a mystery to me. I have yet to see a single MY2010 Mustang with that mirror. That's the marketing department for ya...

EDIT: Sorry guys, I didn't see some of the posts above this one... A little redundancy, but also (hopefully) some confirmation.
I'm pretty sure the two little squares on the bottom of the mirrow are NOT the SYNC mics. They are for the electrochromatic dimming mirror.
The mics are on the console attached to the headliner above the mirror.

We just paid $500 for heated seats. :lol: